Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 11:28 AM

13,258 posts, read 364,885 times

Advertisements

Busiest travel day of the year apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 05:21 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
I didn't think I would be able to see the totality because I don't drive and don't live in the path. My Plan A fell through as well as Plan B, Plan C and who knows how many more plans. Then I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Massachusetts who I haven't seen in over 40 years but we talk frequently. It was the Thursday before when she informed me that she could come up. She was able to get a room at the b&b that is a block from here. (She couldn't stay here because she is highly allergic to my cats.)

So, after 40 years, we had a reunion for the eclipse. We drove up to Jericho. Only hit traffic in Vergennes. The park was beautiful and it wasn't crowded at all. It was the perfect spot. The best kept secret. My pics didn't come out very well and stupid me forgot my distance glasses. But it was amazing.

When we hit the highway home, we were going in the opposite way from most of the traffic. We did get some traffic on Rte 116 & Monkton Road. It was moving but slow. Then just past Monkton, we didn't have any traffic for the rest of the ride home.

Cat

Old 04-17-2024, 10:45 AM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I didn't think I would be able to see the totality because I don't drive and don't live in the path. My Plan A fell through as well as Plan B, Plan C and who knows how many more plans. Then I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Massachusetts who I haven't seen in over 40 years but we talk frequently. It was the Thursday before when she informed me that she could come up. She was able to get a room at the b&b that is a block from here. (She couldn't stay here because she is highly allergic to my cats.)

So, after 40 years, we had a reunion for the eclipse. We drove up to Jericho. Only hit traffic in Vergennes. The park was beautiful and it wasn't crowded at all. It was the perfect spot. The best kept secret. My pics didn't come out very well and stupid me forgot my distance glasses. But it was amazing.

When we hit the highway home, we were going in the opposite way from most of the traffic. We did get some traffic on Rte 116 & Monkton Road. It was moving but slow. Then just past Monkton, we didn't have any traffic for the rest of the ride home.

Cat
The big question though...

Did you get a creemee in Jericho? It reportedly has the best in the state.

Old 04-17-2024, 09:02 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
The big question though...

Did you get a creemee in Jericho? It reportedly has the best in the state.

Not this time. I assume I will be going back to Jericho because my step-son lives there.

Cat

Old 04-17-2024, 09:52 PM

13,258 posts, read 364,885 times
Oddly according to some folks that were annoyed by mosquitoes during eclipse were not buggy before or after.
Littler buggers knew something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont