Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:53 AM

1,946 posts, read 2,565,358 times

Advertisements

Last edited by japanese001; 04-30-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 AM

Old 04-30-2015, 09:56 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
I played all of the Final Fantasies.

My favorites are (3)VI, VII and XI. XII I think is underrated. With XIV coming in as an honorable mention. Naoki Yoshida should win every award possible for turning a failure into a great game.

However I just can't play XIV any more because group times are just WAY too long as a damage dealer. I only have 30mins to 1hr to play and that's just not doable. The quality of the game, however, is astounding.

I hated XIII, but overall I'm optimistic about XV. Sure, I have a few reservations; I don't really care for the boy band aspect...but we shall see...

Old 05-03-2015, 03:44 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
I'm really digging type 0 so far. Kind of bought it on a whim for the demo but it has turned out to be solid.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:36 PM

Old 07-22-2015, 10:47 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
13 is the only game I've played(playing) and it doesn't seem to live up to the lore that my FFnutcase friend talks about. Might be trading it in for credit. There's no like, free roam periods, and no new game+, that there is putting me off of even wanting an rpg, or at least replaying it. It's really the only reason I played Fable3, because it "kinda" had new game +. I also remember a few games, if you had saves from the first game, it would carry over to the second game. At least I think so, I could be wrong. I think Saints Row 1&2 is like that. Either way I think I'll get in to the Tales Of... series, I already have Vesperia, and I love it.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:48 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm really digging type 0 so far. Kind of bought it on a whim for the demo but it has turned out to be solid.
In all honesty, type-O is an typical random commercial stereotype Manga/Comic. I really dislike the Irish/Scottish uniforms and outfits. I mean the game just feels like any random manga story about young adults who live abroad while going to prep/highschool/college equivalent. If the women uniforms was regular blue and white and the male uniforms was plain colors I would get it.

If you have seen Obnoxious Aliens episode where they have the lunch detention episode you would understand. Otherwise the story is more enjoyable then the game itself. Makes me think about "Vagrant Story" or "Hybrid Heavan". But the story is so random. Your mostly running from point a to point b, and here comes an random bomb, or summoning. It is like playing Secret Of Mana 3, but in an linear path.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:44 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
13 is the only game I've played(playing) and it doesn't seem to live up to the lore that my FFnutcase friend talks about. Might be trading it in for credit. There's no like, free roam periods, and no new game+, that there is putting me off of even wanting an rpg, or at least replaying it. It's really the only reason I played Fable3, because it "kinda" had new game +. I also remember a few games, if you had saves from the first game, it would carry over to the second game. At least I think so, I could be wrong. I think Saints Row 1&2 is like that. Either way I think I'll get in to the Tales Of... series, I already have Vesperia, and I love it.
FF13 is a horrible game to start the Final Fantasy series with. Your friend should've suggested FF9 or FF12 (something before these if you don't mind the drop in graphics) instead. While no FF game has a "New Game +" feature, most of them have plenty of replayability. All of them from 1 to 9 have open worlds, then 12 has an open world also. I don't know about any of the ones after 13 because I agree with you- 13 was so bad (IMO) that it stunted my motivation to keep up with the series.

My favorites are Final Fantasy 8, 12, 6, 9, and 7 in that order.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:05 PM

306 posts, read 114,001 times
I really enjoy the series, but what I like the most about it is the awesome music that the series has. Some of the best video game music ever can be found in Final Fantasy.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:53 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
FF13 is a horrible game to start the Final Fantasy series with. Your friend should've suggested FF9 or FF12 (something before these if you don't mind the drop in graphics) instead. While no FF game has a "New Game +" feature, most of them have plenty of replayability. All of them from 1 to 9 have open worlds, then 12 has an open world also. I don't know about any of the ones after 13 because I agree with you- 13 was so bad (IMO) that it stunted my motivation to keep up with the series.

My favorites are Final Fantasy 8, 12, 6, 9, and 7 in that order.
I also had Chrono Trigger, but what happened to that is a long crazy story. I have since traded the game in for credit. I do recall my friend playing one of the FF Tactics advanced2, and it had new game+ he played it over, and over, and was maxed out at 999 on everything. I have another FF game, but it has a disc missing, and my psx is gone(see long story), so I can't play it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games