Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 11:13 AM

31 posts, read 96,355 times

Advertisements

ok me and my boyfriend are considering relocating to virginia beach area this winter. i've only been down there once before and we loved it. we are planning a long weekend trip down next month to explore the area a little better. however, i'm getting a little concerned now about the crime and safety of this area. how bad is it????

i would be renting an apartment for at least one year (if we like it enough we'll buy a house after).
just the two of us, but i'd rather live in a family friendly area... someplace safe where i can walk alone at night and not be concerned....
i'd like to keep the rent under 1500$... around a 1000$ would be good.
maximum commute (driving/train) would be an hour.
i want to be close to the beach... part of considering moving to this area is that on a map at least it looks ideal... i can live close to the beach and commute to work in the norfolk area... everything seems to be within an hour drive....

but is it safe?!?!
i see a lot about racial tension... we're both white, i come from mixed places but there was never any real "tension"... something to worry about?

we were planning to just spend the weekend "driving around" but now i'm too nervous to even book a hotel anywhere besides off the beach...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 12:44 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,455,750 times
Go to the Hampton Roads forum, you'll get all your answers there.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,164 times
have you moved to Virginia beach yet?

Old 12-28-2008, 03:23 PM

7 posts, read 14,591 times
Default Apt. in Virginia Beach

Hi, I don't know if you are still interested, but I have a beautiful 2bdrm, 1 bath apt. for rent, now (Jan.2009) thru May 2009, and then longer if you want to stay. I have lived here for a year and a half, and it is safe and has parking, washer-dryer, a beautiful veiw, and is only 3 minutes from the ocean. I am having to move to Nashville with my recording career and need to find someone needing a good area to live. If you are interested, e-mail me :taylor331@sbcglobal.net, and I will be glad to give you more information. The nice part, is it can be short term if you need time to find something else, (or long term if you like it), and in a great area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia