Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 PM

270 posts, read 833,365 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to find a spot as a good compromise for both my wife and I, she works in JHMI and I'm in FDA. She came upon this info that there were commuter bus from Dillion that can take her to the JHMI (route 310)directly, also the same to Silver Spring (route 915/929). They have stops in Columbia Mall and also it ain't bad for me to drive to White Oak.

Anyways, I'm checking a few different resources and may go up there to look around, as mentioned above, my target area is the Columbia mall area, best with possiblity to walk to the commuter bus stops. I found a few POIs on Twin rivers road close to Wild Lake High, also the Harpers Forest apt. My budget is $1300 and below for a 2b1b place.

My Qs:

1. Is the area around Columbia Mall generally safe. Checked crime report, saw a few registered sex offenders pretty close, but did not see any violent crimes.

2. Anyone with the experience of those Dillion commuter buses, especially 310/915/929, where is the closest stop to my target area (Twin rivers rd or turnabout ln). I checked the schedule PDF files but they did not mark down the stop location at all.

3. What other places worth considering? We want to have more of a equal transit to JHMI and White Oak.

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,015 times
So what did you decide? I'm considering the Columbia area and was curious about other newbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland