Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:08 PM

175 posts, read 733,888 times

Advertisements

I have not been there in more than a decade, but i was just wondering if the Democrats still have a stronghold on over promising and under delivering in the county. If the county has changed why the heck didn't the majority of the county vote for Michael Steele in the most recent Governor's Race???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,999,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsitgoingdude3 View Post
I have not been there in more than a decade, but i was just wondering if the Democrats still have a stronghold on over promising and under delivering in the county. If the county has changed why the heck didn't the majority of the county vote for Michael Steele in the most recent Governor's Race???
Heavily Dem in the 2004 election.

Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections

If you select MD and then find Prince Georges, it show about 81% for Kerry.

Hard to believe it would've changed much in 3 yrs.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,303,077 times
Michael Steel majority of his support was Pg county. In other counties besides Pg is majority white so why not ask that question for Montgomery,Howard and others. Majority of Maryland is rural so they donot believe in Black leaders no matter how qualify the person is for the job. If you notice majority of his followers were in Pg county which is where Michael Steele got most of his vote. Maybe rednecks need to change and realize that color doesnot matter when it comes to politics.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 AM

692 posts, read 1,732,741 times
The residents of Prince George's County who did not vote for Steele because they did not agree with his political positions. I don't vote for a candidate simply because they are Black. I disagreed with his stance on Iraq. I disagreed with his views on embryonic stem cell research. I could go on but I don't have the time. Maryland tends to be a "blue" state. Get over it.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,322,788 times
Iscalder has it very wrong. A quick check of the county election board websites show that Michael Steele got a whopping 23.98% of the vote in PG county. That's right, less than 1/4 of all of the votes cast. In overwhelming white Allegany, Carroll, and Frederick County, he got 59.69%, 68%, and 57.93% respectively.

Hmmmmmm, so who is responsible for keeping Mr. Steele out of office? The redneck voters choose him overwhelmingly, yet he got less than one out of four votes in is home county.

BTW, Iscalder, I would appriciate it if you would check your facts before you decide to ramble on about something you obviously know very little about.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:15 PM

For his compaign all that was mention about him was Pg county supporters on all of the News channels. Majority of Blacks believe the war is wrong and that was what he support. He did promise the minority business Owners that once he is elected he would help them out but I guess that did not work too well for him. majority of the blacks who voted for him are wealthy,businessowners. I didnot vote for him. In politics I can careless of your skin color just because we are both black means nothing to me because once they are in power everything they said is out the window.
I will vote for Barack In the presidential elections not because he is black but because he is for change and I know when he is president America will be better then what that idiot Bush have done to the country.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM

382 posts, read 954,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Michael Steel majority of his support was Pg county. In other counties besides Pg is majority white so why not ask that question for Montgomery,Howard and others. Majority of Maryland is rural so they donot believe in Black leaders no matter how qualify the person is for the job. If you notice majority of his followers were in Pg county which is where Michael Steele got most of his vote. Maybe rednecks need to change and realize that color doesnot matter when it comes to politics.
Iscalder, I have been reading your comments for a while now on this forum and I think the "redneck" comment as you apply it to all the rest of rural Maryland just because it is majority white is typically racist on your part. People like you don't have a problem name calling of the people who disagree with them. The first word out of your mouths is either redneck or racist or both. This is the most common way people like you use to counter an oppossing point of view. Opening you're mouth so recklessly brands you as to what you really are.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:45 PM

I will apolize for saying Rednecks but not for the rest of my statement. It is true that majority of republicans donot believe Blacks,Hispanics,Women or anyone who are not White Male should never be elected.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I will apolize for saying Rednecks but not for the rest of my statement. It is true that majority of republicans donot believe Blacks,Hispanics,Women or anyone who are not White Male should never be elected.
Hahaha Wow, Iscalder blindly following Democrats as usual. Rather than voting on the issues that are most pressing to PG County it is always monkey see monkey do with you people. Use your brain. How many Black Secretary of States did good O'le Billy Boy place into office during his 8 year tenure as president? How many Black guys did he place in the top Education seat? You know what's really sad is that 81% of the county voted for Kerry who did not promise you people anything, so how about you start using your brains and actually voting on the issues, that matter most to your community. It would strike me that after 30 or 40 years of reaming loyal lap dogs to a party that has got you know where you'd wake up and realize, that to get anywhere in America you need to properly utilize the "two party" system, by giving both groups your vote. Otherwise there's no incentive for the other party to listen to your needs. Further more the party that controls does just that controls, but does not help! WAKE UP!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Iscalder has it very wrong. A quick check of the county election board websites show that Michael Steele got a whopping 23.98% of the vote in PG county. That's right, less than 1/4 of all of the votes cast. In overwhelming white Allegany, Carroll, and Frederick County, he got 59.69%, 68%, and 57.93% respectively.

Hmmmmmm, so who is responsible for keeping Mr. Steele out of office? The redneck voters choose him overwhelmingly, yet he got less than one out of four votes in is home county.

BTW, Iscalder, I would appriciate it if you would check your facts before you decide to ramble on about something you obviously know very little about.
You know the irony with them not voting for Steele? I bet it was probably because he's a republican, smart, articulate, and not a follower or democratic lappy. Therefore he must be a "sell out." However, i bet in a few years the overwhelming group that complains most about putting a black in power for the Governors seat and finally had a chance to do it, but did not will complain and call the white guy they voted in racist in another 4 years. Just watch they'll all start complaining how Maryland is racist and does not want to elect a blk govoner.

A smart black guy has a better chance becoming Govoner in Virginia or Alabama than in Maryland, because of Prince Georges County. Mark my word that’s the stupidity of this area! Just a bunch of loyal democratic lap dog “sell outs.” Hell you might as well start saying "Yes sir Massa Clinton" When you fools elect Hillary. I'd be shocked if Obama got a majority vote in the county. He's bi-racial and since he speaks well and is educated he is probably consider by residents as not black enough! Oh and Steele was on the opposite side of the aisle on the Iraq war he got a lot of flak from Republicans for his opposing postion, so know what you're talking about Democratic Lappy's before you yell out false facts!

Last edited by howsitgoingdude3; 09-25-2007 at 08:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland