Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:24 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Adelphi Sky - can you provide links to the architectural firms that designed the proposed Knox Village projects? Thanks.

WDG Architecture

Though they don't provide it on their website yet. I think it needs to be approved before they put it on their website as "On the boards." Fredrick Hall on campus is featured as it is currently under construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 01:28 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
WDG Architecture

Though they don't provide it on their website yet. I think it needs to be approved before they put it on their website as "On the boards." Fredrick Hall on campus is featured as it is currently under construction.
Thanks.

Hopefully, the Knox Village project will move forward more quickly and smoothly than the Cafritz property project. Not sure who'll line up in opposition to it, but the Knox Boxes are a blight and have been for more than 30 years. I also would like UMD to move forward with the East Campus project and just leave the golf course alone.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Thanks.

but the Knox Boxes are a blight and have been for more than 30 years. I also would like UMD to move forward with the East Campus project and just leave the golf course alone.
I think it will move forward quickly because of the blight. Also, the project won't be abutting any single family neighborhoods and is practically on UMD's campus. I don't think people will put up a fight. It will basically be just another "dorm" project such as South Campus Commons. Had the project been on the other side of Guilford drive, it would experience push-back. I haven't heard any opposition to this project in any form. Unlike the golf course proposal which has vociferous opposition.

The East Campus Project as it was proposed a few years ago is dead. The new strategy is to develop "East Campus" and Rt. 1 piece by piece and not as an all-at-once project like Downtown Silver Spring or UTC. I think this is the best course as it allows for the possibility of more organic growth and not all designed by a single developer like other town centers. There are opportunities for boutiques and cafes to stand out in their own unique way. On the other hand, this does slow down overall development as each piece will undoubtedly have to go through the approval process as each proposal comes online. Perhaps there's a way around that?

Currently there are plans to build the convention hotel that was in the original East Campus plans at the Rossborough Inn on campus.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 PM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
I hope they don't take out Knox Box too soon. I live there because I don't want to blow ALL of my hard earned money on the crazy rent just about everywhere else in CP and vicinity...

Old 11-20-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I hope they don't take out Knox Box too soon. I live there because I don't want to blow ALL of my hard earned money on the crazy rent just about everywhere else in CP and vicinity...
I think they are waiting until after students move out for the summer. They are supposed to start next spring. Which I assume is late May after school is out. Summer semester students may be out of luck.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:19 AM

1,261 posts, read 694,244 times
Looks like Knox Box got approvals.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland