Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,567,633 times

Advertisements

Looks like they are making some progress.

Development in Prince George's Could Rival Tyson's Corner | NBC4 Washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 AM

490 posts, read 924,891 times
WHAT?????? I doubt it.....I have to see it to believe it....................If it does happen that would be another GREAT step for PG County......but I doubt it

Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post

Yep. Nothing will really get started until that interchange is complete. Should be interesting to see how they lay it all out. It's a 20 year project, so it won't wow us too much like National Harbor which was buitl up in 5 years. We should start seeing first phase PSPs and DSP's coming out pretty soon.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:49 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
WHAT?????? I doubt it.....I have to see it to believe it....................If it does happen that would be another GREAT step for PG County......but I doubt it

The statement is not too far fetched. Remember, Laurel is flanked by both Howard and Montgomery counties. There are plans for a bioscience villege in east Silver Spring at Beltsville and then you have FT Meade up RT. 1. Not to mention the money from those in Columbia MD. It could very well rival Tysons Corner. Of course it will be another 20 years. Hopefully by then, the Green Line will be extended through RT. 1. by then. Or at least the MARC schedule could be improved.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:53 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
I wish they stop saying stuff like this. It is great to be excited about projects like this, but you don't want to give people an extremely high expectation only to fall short. A project could be great in it's own right, but not on the level of Tyson's Corner, then that is what's going to be remembered because of comments like this. I just think some of the comments about these projects are over the top. Stop making bold proclamation like this, just build the project out and see where it goes. I mean there are things that can happen that can change things. Imagine what National Harbor could have been already if the recession didn't happen. Things like that are beyond developers control. I have always heard business people say tell your customer that your product will be good but strive for great or something like that. I think that is what needs to happen here.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 PM

671 posts, read 1,547,208 times
I am so glad to see this. I love living in PGC, and can't wait to see it become the in demand destination of the DMV region over the next couple of decades. That said, I wish the buildup included more efforts to the Ft Washington/Accokeek region

Old 06-22-2013, 11:16 AM

142 posts, read 249,754 times
All I can say to this is I hope so, I hope so

Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
I guess it's good for folks to dream.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
Alarm clock goes off at 5 am. Yep, it is a dream.

Molukai, you will be the first to move if the SW part of the county does what you want. It will become an insufferable hell much like what you left in VA. The reason I moved here 26 years ago is because it isn't NOVA, MOCO or DC. I liked it then and I like it now. The horrendous traffic jams of NOVA are going to explode here if it is jam packed full of crap for the sake of crap. It will become Ft Waldorf.

BTW - how far is a stone's throw away from the park?

Old 06-23-2013, 08:51 PM

671 posts, read 1,547,208 times
I dunno, if there is ample discretion on transport issues i support building up the commercial base of the area. Also the national park is 1 mile from my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland