Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 PM

772 posts, read 1,144,682 times

Advertisements

Hello:

I would like to rent a house next year. I am tired of apartments. I just want my own space; don't want to share walls with people again. I also want to get some home exercise equipment.

My job likely will likely be downtown near the Federal Triangle metro stop.

I have lived in this area for two years. First, I lived in Silver Spring over by the Parkway Deli. I live in North Bethesda this year, right by Strathmore. I have pretty much loved both of these areas.

Do you have any suggestions on where to live? I don't want a long commute to the metro station. Also, I won't live any farther north than North Bethesda. I suppose I would be willing to live in DC, but would prefer to stay in Maryland for various reasons, not the least of which is that I know the area and like having unrestricted access to my car. I would consider PG County if the price, commute times, and safety were stellar but I have a strong preference for Montgomery County. I am not interested in Virginia.

Thanks for the tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 AM

13,375 posts, read 27,085,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itinérant View Post
Do you have any suggestions on where to live? I don't want a long commute to the metro station.
You have narrowed down the areas to the two arms of the Metro Red Line-- Silver Spring and Chevy Chase/North Bethesda. So, the areas depend on your budget and how much space you need. I am sure you have figured that Chevy Chase is quite expensive for a house of any size. The cheapest rental on Realtor.com is $2600/month. I'd suggest looking at Silver Spring. The lowest price rental there is a 2-bedroom in 20902 for $1650.

Do you have other requirements such as schools?

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-17-2013 at 07:42 AM..

Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 PM

772 posts, read 1,144,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
You have narrowed down the areas to the two arms of the Metro Red Line-- Silver Spring and Chevy Chase/North Bethesda. So, the areas depend on your budget and how much space you need. I am sure you have figured that Chevy Chase is quite expensive for a house of any size. The cheapest rental on Realtor.com is $2600/month. I'd suggest looking at Silver Spring. The lowest price rental there is a 2-bedroom in 20902 for $1650.

Do you have other requirements such as schools?
Thanks. No, I don't. I just need a house, a reasonable commute to the metro station, and a reasonable metro ride downtown. I also need safety and would prefer to be able to use my car in the evening and on the weekends w/o much hassle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland