Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 05:32 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Obviously Mr Irrational is not a big fan of the area...
On the contrary. I'm not a fan of employers not taking a role in this process...
especially in areas as overpriced as the MoCo suburbs have become.

ps... that's about the 4th or 5th time you've misinterpreted my motives and comments
and screwed about with juvenile name calling. How about ASKING what I mean?
It's obnoxious and annoying and likely against TOS.

pps... And the advice offered to the OP still stands. Ask them what THEY expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 05:58 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
On the contrary. I'm not a fan of employers not taking a role in this process...
especially in areas as overpriced as the MoCo suburbs have become.

ps... that's about the 4th or 5th time you've misinterpreted my motives and comments
and screwed about with juvenile name calling. How about ASKING what I mean?
It's obnoxious and annoying and likely against TOS.

pps... And the advice offered to the OP still stands. Ask them what THEY expect.
Oh come on now, my post was not close to a violation of the TOS. Please stop being so sensitive.

You have an agenda, that has been made clear here over the years and your post was simply more of the same. If you can't see how this post was yet another attempt to bash the area I suggest you think again because there was only one way to read this post.

Quote:
I suggest that you do ask and rather specifically.

Learn just how far into debt they expect you to be ...
or how many hours a year they expect you to waste in traffic...
or if they're actually paying enough to afford to live in the community you serve.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:31 AM

471 posts, read 851,166 times
Quote:
Obviously Mr Irrational is not a big fan of the area, take his advice with that in mind. You are already aware of the housing costs, which are lower than NYC, as well as the traffic which is bad but again you come from NYC.

I'm not sure I can help on quality of the elementary schools, that you may need to find elsewhere but a map will give you their locations. For the most part Montgomery County schools are really good but I'm sure there are pockets in Silver Spring or Gaithersburg where they aren't as good as other areas.

Gotta ask: If you have been living in NY how does your wife have an existing practice in Chevy Chase? I was thinking of all those parents in New York during the pandemic, that just had to be hard.
Thank you, we will focus on Silver Spring first due to proximity. But also liked the homes in Gaithersburg and Rockville. The practice in Chevy Chase is not hers. She just got an offer to join it.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:34 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
You have an agenda, that has been made clear here over the years...
It's at this point in the conversation where you need to cite an example or two of what YOU are interpreting to be MY agenda.

As for me... I'm completely unaware of any "agenda" whatsoever.
I look forward to being illuminated by your insight to my personality.

ps I'd also like to know what is "irrational" about asking a prospective employer for input.
For that matter what is "irrational" in expecting an employer to have relocation advice without being asked.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
It's at this point in the conversation where you need to cite an example or two of what YOU are interpreting to be MY agenda.

As for me... I'm completely unaware of any "agenda" whatsoever.
I look forward to being illuminated by your insight to my personality.

ps I'd also like to know what is "irrational" about asking a prospective employer for input.
For that matter what is "irrational" in expecting an employer to have relocation advice without being asked.
I'm not taking any more of the thread with this. I have already explained my comments. Your message was perfectly clear, most anyone reading that would see it was not so much about the employer and much more a running commentary on how you feel about the area.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio View Post
Thank you, we will focus on Silver Spring first due to proximity. But also liked the homes in Gaithersburg and Rockville. The practice in Chevy Chase is not hers. She just got an offer to join it.
That's the beauty of renting first, before you move drop us a line and run the neighborhood by us. Gaithersburg would be another option when you buy. There are some parts of Silver Spring (29 and Briggs Chaney Road for example) that may not be the best.

Sorry for the little sidebar in your thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland