Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 AM

432 posts, read 1,664,682 times

Advertisements

I love Montgomery county, especially Germantown and Gaithersburg. The schools are awesome, the neighborhoods are beautiful. Montgomery county seems to be the fastest growing county in maryland. There is new people comming, there is diversity and many great restaurents.

I now live in NC, I hate NC. I will be moving back to Germantown.

WHAT COUNTY CAN BEAT MONTGOMERY COUNTY?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:59 AM

350 posts, read 1,645,968 times
I don't think it should be a competition, especially seeing as it will be based on opinion. Each MD county has their own amenities, and positives and negatives.
Personally, I love Howard, with its excellent schools, low crime, diversity and shopping and dining options. Anne Arundel has some great areas on the Bay, PG is in a great location, and the MD counties across the bridge have great little towns near the bay or ocean.
Just to name a few.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 PM

137 posts, read 575,626 times
Just curious, where are you in NC and why do you hate it there?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:26 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,682 times
I am in kannapolis, 30 minutes from Charlotte. I love the people here but i just dont like the city. Its too boring for my liking.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 69,012 times
Montgomery County isn't that great.

Its expensive, the people are very unattractive, rude obnoxious and there is a good amount of crime.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:01 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
I love Montgomery county, especially Germantown and Gaithersburg. The schools are awesome, the neighborhoods are beautiful. Montgomery county seems to be the fastest growing county in maryland. There is new people comming, there is diversity and many great restaurents.

The Counties that are southwest and west of MoCo

Old 06-04-2008, 02:31 PM

658 posts, read 1,785,315 times
Montgomery County has good and bad points. Whether it's the "best county is Maryland" is pretty debatable.

Howard, Anne Arundel, Charles, St Marys, etc al. all have features and characteristics that are better and worse the MoCo.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:47 PM

46 posts, read 147,678 times
All counties in MD, just like anywhere in the USA, are going to have their good and less than desirable points. I grew up in AACO and to me nothing is more fun that going down dock street in Annapolis and getting on the boat every August for the Fire Department booze cruise....beautiful waterfront homes and perfect weather...just wonderful. I LOVE Harford County and Howard County for the horse land they offer (as well as northern Baltimore County). The eastern shore is just lovely with the open space and water views.... see where i'm going with this?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:47 AM

847 posts, read 3,353,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post

Yes! Charlotte sucks! I'm in Eastover, just south of Uptown, and I am continuously amazed at how vain, shallow and vacuous my neighbors are. I think people are probably more normal farther out where you are, but the whole metro area is like a black hole in my opinion -- empty, boring, and a place to stay away from. I'm moving to Montgomery County at the end of the month. Yay!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:20 AM

240 posts, read 1,021,952 times
i hope to be back in MD by August. Charlotte is nice but it does get boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland