Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 09:46 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,564,829 times

Advertisements

[quote=PK12;37306909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post

Out of the NE/SE neighborhoods that you mentioned, which one would you say is the most dangerous? Would any of them still be classified as a no-go zone, compared to say places in West Baltimore?
Me personally as I wouldn't walk around any of them unless I knew someone, especially after school lets out and throughout the night. Imo though, every hood in this country is safe at 8:00 am, probably because most of the street dudes are sleep from being out on the corners all night. But then again I've seen someone get shot at 8am before so you never know. I will say this though, if you are an old head 50+ or female your chances of being a victim is lower, but if you are a young black male like myself you better not BS and you better be strapped. West Baltimore is crazy but same rules apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 09:56 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
must be some federal agents in here going around black neighborhoods creating discord to divide and conquer the people.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:02 AM

But to directly answer your question it's hard to say. They're all roughly the same on the danger scale, Kenilworth, 21st, and Barry Farms are the largest. Oh and I forgot about MLK and Malcolm X, quite the corner lol

Old 11-17-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ you sound like a federal agent who goes around black neighborhoods creating discord to divide and conquer the people.
Nope I'm just a D.C. native who.knows his city. Ive been to hoods in Bmore, Philly, NYC, Jersey and one thing I will say is although I've never been a victim, that stare I get sometimes from dudes in those cities and soul wrecking, but I always keep my cool. When you go to another city, especially cities/areas in the northeast corridor, dudes know you not from there rrale quick just by the way you walk, talk, dress, and carry yourself. Walking around Brownsville and East NY in Brooklyn, North Philly, West Baltimore, Newark, them people try to get you shook but im always good. The key is to chill out and know where you are going and dont look like a sitting duck. Learn the slang and and get a feel of your environment and adjust to it. Do that and you'll survive. I like to analyze the hood and educate myself, because the code in hoods vary city to city as well as section vs section of the city itself. In my opinion hoods south of the D.C. area are a lot more humble than hoods D.C. on up. That petty, territorial mentality picks up quick once you hit D.C. smh

Down south dudes show more love.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:42 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
^ I agree with you to a degree but you sound too paranoid, man, like every black man from the ghetto is out to get you just because you're not from there. If you're scared, what are you doing going into other people's hoods for no reason anyway? Even in some white neighborhoods or ethnic neighborhoods, you can't just go wandering around staring at people, because if the locals don't get you first, the cops will, especially if you're already looking shook anyway. What do you expect, if you're asking for it? There is no special title or place on who can get what when it is your time really.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:57 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,360,071 times
Quote:
But to directly answer your question it's hard to say. They're all roughly the same on the danger scale, Kenilworth, 21st, and Barry Farms are the largest. Oh and I forgot about MLK and Malcolm X, quite the corner lol
Gotcha. Do you believe that the crime/safety situation has improved in DC hoods when compared to the past? Atleast thats the impression I get when you say that they are all roughly the same on danger scale....unless they are all 'no-go' zones?

Dont mind the questions, just trying to get a local's perspective on things

Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,580 times
Quote:
^ I agree with you to a degree but you sound too paranoid
Says the guy who thinks federal agents are being sent into black neighborhoods to cause discord and divide and conquer the people...

Last edited by KStreetQB; 11-17-2014 at 11:22 AM..

Old 11-17-2014, 11:05 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
[quote=nonsence;37306060]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post

Hood is stilled hood and D.C. is not a soft city.
Maybe if you are a white yuppie living in Dupont Circle or live in Upper Caucasia but trust me i'm from the hood.
I've seen bodies drop, people get stuck up, all that. Go around the farms, lench mob, kenilworth, 21st, E street, choppa city, simple city and see how grimy those dudes can be. Hell even uptown hoods still put in work why do you think areas like Columbia Heights, Shaw, Petworth, and Brightwood still have crime problems. These D.C. dudes are just as tough as dudes from Detroit, Philly, Bmore, or anywhere else.

If anyone thinks D.C. is soft i'll let em remain ignorant. But don't be suprised if you get washed up for bs' n.
I don't think the other poster and I were comparing which city has the toughest hoods. DC has its places, but compared to Detroit, DC has far more nicer areas. The bad areas of Detroit cover more square miles than the entire city of DC. I didn't measure that, but I'm pretty sure it's correct. Detroit has some good areas too, but nowhere near what DC has.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
^ I agree with you to a degree but you sound too paranoid, man, like every black man from the ghetto is out to get you just because you're not from there. If you're scared, what are you doing going into other people's hoods for no reason anyway? Even in some white neighborhoods or ethnic neighborhoods, you can't just go wandering around staring at people, because if the locals don't get you first, the cops will, especially if you're already looking shook anyway. What do you expect, if you're asking for it? There is no special title or place on who can get what when it is your time really.
Nobody owns a city or neighborhood so I'm not stay out of a place just because I'm not from there that's absurd plus I never said I was scared. All im saying is too many of these street dudes have chips on their shoulders and that's a fact. I used to be in the streets until I got locked up and changed the way I lived my life. Real rap though
the hood had the best hidden gems so they are def worth going to, just gotta be street smart and chill out and try to blend in.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:17 AM

[quote=dkf747;37308071]
Quote:

I don't think the other poster and I were comparing which city has the toughest hoods. DC has its places, but compared to Detroit, DC has far more nicer areas. The bad areas of Detroit cover more square miles than the entire city of DC. I didn't measure that, but I'm pretty sure it's correct. Detroit has some good areas too, but nowhere near what DC has.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC