Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:55 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
I think you may be reading a bit too deep into her initial post. I don't think her goal was to come off as this "check my credentials" type and she didn't come off that way when I read it. I think she was merely posting her stats/brief bio like you would on a dating site, which is probably why titans was joking with that black planet line. I've come across other posts from women in other forums that are similar.
But that is the thing, I have to go deep and read far into it because they don't realize they are doing it. If you are posting in southside philly, are you going to post about your fed job, having only 1 masters and make good money? Of course not. She did so cause subconsciously, she knows this is the place with that kind of texture. In miami, I don't pull out my federal job card. I pull out my dj/nightife consultant card as it more relates to the texture.

Dating is not superficial. If if were so easy, we wouldn't have threads upon threads of dating tips or people paying $500 for dating seminars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 02:01 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,972,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcallday View Post
I was just about to say the same thing. Happy hour in DC is huge for AA's ages 25-40. The OP can meet a lot of people that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcallday View Post
Try the Park at Fourteenth, Indulj, Jin, Bar 7, Ozios (Friday Night), Stan's Bar, Tuscana West (Saturday Night) Ben's Next Door, Lucky Strikes, Bar Louies (Friday and Saturday) and Bohemian Caverns just to name a few. There are plenty of options in DC but you're definitely going to have to get out of the house and mingle. This should help you.

Nightclubs - Bar DC - Washington DC Nightlife
These are great options and she should definitely try them out. But I also feel that she has been going on several dates already and has even tried online dating. The problem is not meeting but actually engaging with the wrong type of men. Giver her any of the locations and she is bound to meet the same type of men she did via online dating.

She hasn't yet adjusted her social lenses. She still thinks she can date as she did where she was. It's a new day and she has to break out a new set of shades.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
a car dealership, a barber shop or the mall.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:44 AM

14 posts, read 16,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I totally get what you are saying but again, its mostly likely the DC area that had you actually writing this because there are so many here with masters and fed jobs. But know it or not, qualifying one's self is a big issue here and many men complain about women only about work, their status, and can't find women that are down to earth.

Like I said, it's just an observation and it goes a long way. You may not notice you are doing it but again, not to seem insensitive, you are actually asking for some info. So, it's just coming from a POV and its good to know what the other side is thinking...

P.S. There really isn't a "where is the best place to..." if you pair and you notice, you will link up. It's natural and it happens without you knowing.
I beg to differ "there isnt a where is the best place to" The Park at 14th Happy Hour and Bar 7 Happy Hour is a great start to mingle with men. Notice I said mingle not hook up or find a man or find a date.

Also joining a church or another social network will help you mingle with people more. I am heavily involved in a Young Professionals group Thursday Network and my Church Restoration Praise Center and I am always mingling with all sorts of different people.

Making a connection, be it agape, romantic, soul mate, bff etc is up to you but I find these are great places to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: