Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotodc View Post
What? This can't be right. I'm no expert in DC law, but the ticket itself is surely intended to be a verified compliant. It would be absurd to presume that simply invoking a premise that there is no injured party would somehow be a magical way out of tickets. Besides appearing patently absurd on its face, there is an injured party, the DC government in lost revenue.

I may be wrong, and if you can point to any reputable sources that suggest otherwise, I'd be interested in hearing them.

Edit: two minutes of google: "There is no right to a verified complaint when the citation is issued on an approved form. [See People v Barron (1995) 37 CA4th Supp 1, 3–5.] A defendant who contends that the notice to appear is defective must raise the issue before trial by filing a demurrer. [See PC §§1004(2), 1012; People v Gompper (1984) 160 CA3d Supp 1, 8–9.]"
100 % correct by their laws you don't have a right to one, that only states they don't have to have a valade or verified complaint to move against you , that doesn't mean or state you can't invoke your Constitutional right to it. Thats the problem, when as the courts do, you only read what printed and don't know what rights you actually have . Your constitutional rights to due process supper seed the lower courts . Here in California the Penal code clearly states that at your arraignment you can demand a verified complaint be filed . As to the complaint being the complaint ? if you knew your rights you would know that for it to be a verified complaint it needs to be signed ( thats in all states) look at the ticket ! most are not signed , as i have stated many times, tha cops PRINT their name , for it to be a verified complaint that will stand up to a challenge in a court of law the ticket/ notice to Appear must have a notary seal and signature on it . When was the last time you saw a cop with a notary in the car?. These are their laws , these are the rules of the courts in the United States. All you need to do is make them obay them .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 AM

130 posts, read 362,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
. WOW! when are people going to stand up for your rights !!! photo tickets come most time from a private company hired by the city. They therefore have by law no right to be regulating or enforcing traffic laws . This as I have stated in many post and sites is a violation of law, proven in many courts to which the cases have been dismissed . The only thing you need to do is exercise your rights and demand a verified complaint from the injured party. From a photo ticket or even a speeding ticket from a cop there is no injured party, therefore no verified complaint, case dismissed in the interest of Justice.

Yeah. Good luck with that.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,172 times
Default so wrong

so as far as these red light tickets and speeding tickets first they are not by a private company but the company that installs them is a private one and each ticket is reviewed by an officer to see how valid it is now here comes the fun part so to n e one being a scared little sheep do you know the reason why they don't apply points to your license for these?…..anyone…anyone…bueller? its because in order for them to charge with a crime and trust me a speeding ticket is a crime you can be jailed for they must allow you to face your accuser in court per our constitution and since they don't impose any real penalty i.e. points jail then they can sneak through a loop-hole of you are choosing to pay the fine. now i read someone said that you have to prove you weren't driving the vehicle at the time and that statement is so stupid and wrong it makes me laugh as there are many rights that contradict that statement but the most simple one would be that in any court case it is the burden proof that lands on the prosecution not the defense…so for the long and short of it just either go to court or send a letter stating you have no intention of paying the fine and they have no means of providing the burden of proof and you will be let go….knowing your rights makes the law so simple i haven't paid a traffic ticket in almost 10 years and i get at least 6 a year

Old 12-29-2013, 05:51 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrodavis View Post
so as far as these red light tickets and speeding tickets first they are not by a private company but the company that installs them is a private one and each ticket is reviewed by an officer to see how valid it is now here comes the fun part so to n e one being a scared little sheep do you know the reason why they don't apply points to your license for these?…..anyone…anyone…bueller? its because in order for them to charge with a crime and trust me a speeding ticket is a crime you can be jailed for they must allow you to face your accuser in court per our constitution and since they don't impose any real penalty i.e. points jail then they can sneak through a loop-hole of you are choosing to pay the fine. now i read someone said that you have to prove you weren't driving the vehicle at the time and that statement is so stupid and wrong it makes me laugh as there are many rights that contradict that statement but the most simple one would be that in any court case it is the burden proof that lands on the prosecution not the defense…so for the long and short of it just either go to court or send a letter stating you have no intention of paying the fine and they have no means of providing the burden of proof and you will be let go….knowing your rights makes the law so simple i haven't paid a traffic ticket in almost 10 years and i get at least 6 a year
PLEASE, PLEASE.....PUNCTUATION!!!!

I can't imagine anyone can read your post without getting a headache......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC