Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 09:40 AM

24 posts, read 43,622 times

Advertisements

Hello. I hope someone can chime in and be of help. My wife and I are from SF, CA...Relocated and live in Dallas, TX. We are not happy with the professional, black crowd (almost impossible to find) not to mention the lack of normalcy for black lesbians in general.
Question to the locals would be where is a great living area for an older black lesbian couple who are no longer into the club scene but rather being comfortable and enjoying life with all races?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 11:55 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
These are non-issues in the Seattle area, we don't care if you're gay. Your greater adjustment might be the rainy, misty overcast weather for well over half the year.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Try the Capitol Hill area of Seattle.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
In all of Western Washington, nobody cares if you're gay or black. You'll get the occasional jerk, but that's everywhere. Trust me, we aren't SC... Best places to look to would probably be the towns on the Eastside of Seattle , like Kirkland or Bellevue, which have a professional vibe but aren't suburbs.

I do have to say that the "black professional" thing isn't big around here as we have just plain PROFESSIONALS and self-segregation happens here less than anywhere else in America. If you're outgoing you'll meet all kinds of people, and almost known of them will care if you are gay, black, a woman, etc, they'll still treat you like a person...

...UNLESS you ever have a DREAM about littering and don't wake up right away and apologize. Mixing the races in Seattle? We love it!...mixing the garbage and the compost in Seattle? Here comes the hippie lynch mob, complete with a rope made out of organic, locally grown hemp.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:33 PM

24 posts, read 43,622 times
Thanks a bunch for chiming in. I come to Seattle quite a bit and I agree with most of what I have read. I have to be honest and say unless the black community keeps to themselves, I didn't see many black lesbians. You are right in that you can always find simply cool people! That is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington