Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,433,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Gentoom, do you own a car? Parkland is sandwiched right between Puyallup and Lakewood. You'd be better off living in either one of those locations. You'd still be close to Parkland.
No I don't but perhaps when I get there, I'll start looking in those areas. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,892,632 times
Its mostly lower middle class area. Crime, as others mentioned, is much higher than the state average-- so it's not going to be a quietly chill area. Rt. 7 is very busy and the base is right there, 512 backs up bad during rush and construction. Honestly I wouldn't recommend the area just because of the public transportation aspect. Its better to live closer to the DT Tacoma area for that.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,982,693 times
I moved this to the Washington forum, as the line for Seattle ends somewhere between I-5 at Fife and Wild Waves.

Surely you could find somewhere suitable in Tacoma, or in one of the other suburbs?

I mean, we are talking "bad" by Western Washington standards, which by urban CA standards is almost laughable. By looking at the stats, much of PNW higher crime rates are severely skewed towards burglaries/thefts/etc (not murder, assault, etc).

FWIW, Pierce County has one of the best crime map software thingys I've ever seen.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I moved this to the Washington forum, as the line for Seattle ends somewhere between I-5 at Fife and Wild Waves.

Surely you could find somewhere suitable in Tacoma, or in one of the other suburbs?

I mean, we are talking "bad" by Western Washington standards, which by urban CA standards is almost laughable. By looking at the stats, much of PNW higher crime rates are severely skewed towards burglaries/thefts/etc (not murder, assault, etc).

FWIW, Pierce County has one of the best crime map software thingys I've ever seen.
Thanks David. Burglaries are a bit of a concern for me as I have a lot of expensive studio equipment. At least where I live in Richmond there seems to be almost no property crime which is kind of strange considering it's a high crime city though this has changed in the last couple of years. Murders would be the other issue as guns and knives tend to be used. Not to sound cocky but assualts really aren't too much of an issue for me as most people think twice when they see me

I'll talk to my friend more about it as well. the public transportation issue is another factor. Overall I think if I survived East Oakland I can survive anywhere.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,982,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Not to sound cocky but assualts really aren't too much of an issue for me as most people think twice when they see me
I take it you're big like me (6'7", 285 lbs {down from 350 }).?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I take it you're big like me (6'7", 285 lbs {down from 350 }).?
Not quite so tall but definitely large and a little muscular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington