Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 02:01 PM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times

Advertisements

Laborers from south of the border have access to 'Green Cards', in fact about 990K this year....there is no need for illegals to seek jobs in the US illegally they have access legally. Another million or so has access to visas, ranging from schooling to All they do is drive down wages for low wager earners. Especially the uneducated blacks and legal aliens.

The truth of the matter is Latino countries south of the border want to dump their poor here so they don't have to support them there. And that is the cold hard truth....

Types of visas available see: Directory of Visa Categories

You do know that a lot of illegal aliens work in non-agricultural jobs don't you? Construction is a big one.

I am not sure if our economy would crash but a lot of out of work Americans would have job opportunity that don't have them now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 08:27 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Laborers from south of the border have access to 'Green Cards', in fact about 990K this year....there is no need for illegals to seek jobs in the US illegally they have access legally. Another million or so has access to visas, ranging from schooling to All they do is drive down wages for low wager earners. Especially the uneducated blacks and legal aliens.

The truth of the matter is Latino countries south of the border want to dump their poor here so they don't have to support them there. And that is the cold hard truth....

Types of visas available see: Directory of Visa Categories

You do know that a lot of illegal aliens work in non-agricultural jobs don't you? Construction is a big one.

I am not sure if our economy would crash but a lot of out of work Americans would have job opportunity that don't have them now.
Boy.. Not sure many soft.skinned silver spoon american kids are up for the task. I.am.a.farmer.and know farming.. Yes I have done construction but, I will.speak to the fields.. Not many of those workers are lazy lowlife.. These are.hard working dedicated folks.. Not.unlike the waves of white immigrants were in days gone by..

Seriosly, do yo see how hard these guys work? Bet you never worked on that hard in your life... ?//Have you worked at a canning factory, or. Picking produce?

I.have worked.along.side them in the field.. I respect them. Something is fishy.with the.green cards..

Old 11-21-2014, 03:33 PM

34 posts, read 48,359 times
Quote:
What about, finally, doing like super civilized Australia does with illegals?? One encounter with the police even for a traffic stop and your immigration status is revealed, locked up and deported....good bye,

You cannot get and do anything without an ID.

Sick and tired of people taking advantage of the system......the idea of a country that have no interest in controlling who comes and who goes is insane.
It's called karma... - The Meta Picture

Old 11-23-2014, 10:42 PM

335 posts, read 422,043 times
We couldn't deport all illegal immigrants if we wanted to. We have, you will notice, very long land borders where illegals can gain entry. Australia doesn't.

Also, we're much more spread out. Most Australians are concentrated to a relatively small area.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i think that our governments are pushing the envelope alot.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:28 AM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Boy.. Not sure many soft.skinned silver spoon american kids are up for the task. I.am.a.farmer.and know farming.. Yes I have done construction but, I will.speak to the fields.. Not many of those workers are lazy lowlife.. These are.hard working dedicated folks.. Not.unlike the waves of white immigrants were in days gone by..

Seriosly, do yo see how hard these guys work? Bet you never worked on that hard in your life... ?//Have you worked at a canning factory, or. Picking produce?

I.have worked.along.side them in the field.. I respect them. Something is fishy.with the.green cards..
I understand your point but I have no clue what this has to do with the thread. I agree that they work hard but so do millions of Americans who work their tails off to support these people.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:57 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
We couldn't deport all illegal immigrants if we wanted to. We have, you will notice, very long land borders where illegals can gain entry. Australia doesn't.

Also, we're much more spread out. Most Australians are concentrated to a relatively small area.

Australia has a narrow strait and shallow waters that separates it from an overpopulated poor country like Indonesia.....getting in Australia by a small boat is very easy and indeed in the 1990s they had an increasing problem with illegals arriving.....they tightened their immigration laws even further and doing an excellent job patrolling their waters.

Modern technology allows us to patrol our southern border very effectively and a quick "report and deport" system would make things very unappealing for illegals...it would not probably stop them completely but it would significantly reduce the problem.

The recent "pardon" it's a slap in the face for all the immigrants that came here regularly jumping through all lengthy (and costly) hoops and a shameful political expedient....a very clear textbook example of a politician doing his petty interest and screw everybody else.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It takes a lot more than a Driver's License to vote in WA. It's not that simple at all. If it were, legitimate citizens wouldn't get turned away from the polls in WA.
Explain....There is no requirement of a birth cert to vote, in fact you can register to vote over the internet.

http://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/electi...llable_WEB.pdf

Note item four...

Now....what citizens get turned away????

Old 11-24-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post

For your information I was born in the 40's and worked the fields picking produce in the summer time as a teen along side of my friends and I do not remember picking along side of illegal aliens.
Yes, there is no question American youth has gotten lazy.
Hard work...try pulling lumber on the green chain, yes for seven years I did that hard work and got the calluses to prove it.
Now... I never said illegal didn't work hard and I have no problem with foreign labor as long as they are legal. Which is quite easy if they weren't so lazy.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:20 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,272,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The recent "pardon" it's a slap in the face for all the immigrants that came here regularly jumping through all lengthy (and costly) hoops and a shameful political expedient....a very clear textbook example of a politician doing his petty interest and screw everybody else.
Just thought that this excellent comment was worth quoting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington