Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The "Seattle Area" sub-forum should include:
Only neighborhoods within the city limits 3 8.82%
All of King County 23 67.65%
Just suburbs in King County in addition to Seattle 8 23.53%
All of King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties 8 23.53%
All of King, Snohomish, Pierce, and Thurston counties 2 5.88%
All of King, Snohomish, Pierce, and Kitsap counties 1 2.94%
All of King, Snohomish, Pierce, Kitsap, and Thurston counties 2 5.88%
All of King, Snohomish, Pierce, Thurston, Kitsap, and Skagit counties 0 0%
Any of the above plus a separate sub-forum for eastern Washington 2 5.88%
None of the Above 1 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:18 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,079,735 times

Advertisements

Since I've been getting so many criticisms on the newly-widened Seattle sub-forum that now includes all of King County, I'm going to run another poll.

Those of you who remembered the discussions previous to this may recall there was no real consensus. All the emails and PMs I received from members even makes it more difficult because there are so many opinions on what should be done. The Administrator has restricted some of the suggestions and has flatly refused to do others. So please keep this in mind. My hands are somewhat tied as to what can be done. For this reason, I'm not going to list of all the possiblilites that could be voted on. I'm only going to list the most logical. The eastern Washington sub-forum has been nixed by the Administrator.

Keep in mind that the U.S. Census Bureau considers the Seattle Metropolitan MSA --officially titled "Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA"-- as all of King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties. This is further broken down in sub categories or micropolitan areas of 1) Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA and 2) Tacoma Metropolitan Division. Again, the two combined is commonly referred to as the "Seattle Metropolitan MSA."

The problem is do we want discussions on, say, Wallingford or Madison Park, in the same sub-forum as Marysville or Lakewood? It sounds like most of you do.

Let's take a vote. I'm not saying that anything will necessarily be changed but let's see how everyone feels.

Thanks.

Last edited by scirocco22; 01-25-2008 at 10:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington