Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 01:11 PM

35 posts, read 41,280 times

Advertisements

I found some information on the above subjects in Washington state by doing a google search, but sometimes it's vague. Does Washington State practice the Castle Doctrine? Are AK-47's illegal? Are a lot of people on the West side of Washington adverse to guns?

Would the local/state police get really bent out of shape if you don't have a front license plate on your vehicle? (in our case, my husband has a sports car that he doesn't like the front license plate on).

How are the race ways/drag strips?

Sorry for the weird questions!
Thanks!

Old 05-16-2016, 01:43 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,358,268 times
I thought you meant something else by "race ways"...

Old 05-16-2016, 02:02 PM

17,299 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Expect less leniency on speeding or other minor infractions if you are running no front plate.

If a front license plate bracket is not made for the car it may be possible to get a waiver. Just not liking it or not wanting to put holes in the front isn't a good enough reason.
Wa. - No front licence plate waiver. - FerrariChat.com

Old 05-16-2016, 02:34 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichilu View Post
I found some information on the above subjects in Washington state by doing a google search, but sometimes it's vague. Does Washington State practice the Castle Doctrine? Are AK-47's illegal? Are a lot of people on the West side of Washington adverse to guns?

Would the local/state police get really bent out of shape if you don't have a front license plate on your vehicle? (in our case, my husband has a sports car that he doesn't like the front license plate on).

How are the race ways/drag strips?

Sorry for the weird questions!
Thanks!
Washington state does not have a strict "Castle Doctrine" law on the books, but I think that there has been precedent for it's use here in the past. I could be wrong on that. I hope I never need to find out for myself.

AK-47's are definitely not illegal, as long as they are semi-auto.

Washington state, and all of the PNW, has long been known as a very "gun-friendly" region, but that sentiment seems to be quickly eroding as the liberal Seattle immigration boom has happened in the last few years. I can think of many pro-gun laws being made for many years, until just recently the ridiculous and bureaucratic I-594 passed in 2014.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:35 PM

735 posts, read 870,822 times
Western WA isn't as liberal as many believe, once you leave Seattle and Bellingham, it is pretty common to see republican political signs during the election season.

As long as it can't go full auto it should be fine and yes there is a castle law.

Elderly Sultan woman fatally shoots knife-wielding robber | KOMO

There are racing tracks in Skagit and Snohomish counties and there was even talk about putting a professional one outside of Port Orchard, but people were worried about noise. I don't know what kind of racing they do, but come the weekend I see plenty of toy haulers out and about.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:44 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
Western WA isn't as liberal as many believe, once you leave Seattle and Bellingham, it is pretty common to see republican political signs during the election season.
But most of the population is in Seattle and Bellingham. The more conservative areas lack population. Washington is a blue state.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:38 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
But most of the population is in Seattle and Bellingham. The more conservative areas lack population. Washington is a blue state.
Washington is a red state with a couple deep blue counties that barely tilt the entire state pale blue.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:50 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
As for license plates, yes WA requires a front plate as most western states do. However, I can confirm there are exemptions if you have a certain model that does not accommodate them. You would need to check in with your "friendly" DMV office.

As for the political map above, "Washington is a Red State", is not true. The Blue counties have huge population advantages, and thus makes Washington a Blue State, and has been since Reagan.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:12 PM

17,299 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Yes that's how the numbers will go. But you'll have a more of a red state culture through the majority of the state geographically.

Vancouver is called Vantucky for a reason.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 PM

35 posts, read 41,280 times
Thank you all for the information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington