Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 03:15 PM

35 posts, read 41,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Seriously?

I don't think the OP asked for your opinion as to whether to move here. He asked if people are gun-friendly and if AK-47's were legal. Many people here are gun-friendly and, yes, AK-47's are legal. How is he not following the laws? Do you mean your own personal laws and your private opinions?

I have many, many AR-15's and AK-47's, and I already live in this state. And they are all legal. Should I move away?
Thank you PS90

Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichilu View Post
Wow Yakscsd, when did I ever say anything about what you mentioned here? The other posters on this thread are so nice and informative. Socially redeeming value am I bringing? Just wow.

Rachel
I sympathize with Yakscsd. I'm not a big gun fan and you asked how people in Western Washington feel (specifically are they adverse to guns). You asked. You've got those who are pro-gun (mostly in Eastern Washington) and those that are less so. So it's a mixed bag. You're coming from Montana and if someone posted in the Montana forum about things that are not as popular there, would Montanans hesitate to say so? I hear AK-47 and I think "why?" What's more, if I'm in a store and I see someone carrying a gun, I leave. The store probably doesn't appreciate it but I would rather just go.

I've seen zero race car tracks but apparently there's this for those that are into that. http://www.evergreenspeedway.com/

So in Western Washington, the answers to your questions will be different depending on who you ask. In Eastern Washington, you'd be completely fine. Not sure about Vancouver.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:27 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
What's more, if I'm in a store and I see someone carrying a gun, I leave. The store probably doesn't appreciate it but I would rather just go.
Thing is, you more than likely have no clue who is carrying. That's really the point of a concealed carry permit.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Thing is, you more than likely have no clue who is carrying. That's really the point of a concealed carry permit.
I said when I see them. I'm not a fan, that's all. And thankfully I live in an area where others share that feeling. I think someone bringing a gun to the meat counter is beyond ridiculous.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:42 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
I said when I see them. I'm not a fan, that's all. And thankfully I live in an area where others share that feeling. I think someone bringing a gun to the meat counter is beyond ridiculous.
Well, there you go.

For the purposes of the OP, I'd hardly say that Western Washington, as a whole, is "anti-gun". Opinions change dramatically once one is out of Seattle proper. Thankfully, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:34 PM

35 posts, read 41,313 times
Quote:
I sympathize with Yakscsd. I'm not a big gun fan and you asked how people in Western Washington feel (specifically are they adverse to guns). You asked. You've got those who are pro-gun (mostly in Eastern Washington) and those that are less so. So it's a mixed bag. You're coming from Montana and if someone posted in the Montana forum about things that are not as popular there, would Montanans hesitate to say so? I hear AK-47 and I think "why?" What's more, if I'm in a store and I see someone carrying a gun, I leave. The store probably doesn't appreciate it but I would rather just go.
Thank you for your input Seacove, I do respect other's opinions, Yakscsd caught me off guard with the hostility. I understand that some people are afraid of guns, it's ok.

Rachel

Old 05-17-2016, 05:59 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
I live in a very liberal niche in western WA and I am not antigun. In fact, I own one myself and have done so for something like 25 years. Some people here would probably crap their pants if they knew, but, hey, I don't go around showing it off like some idiot.

There is a huge area between hating all guns and hating all gun laws. Most gun owners fit into that huge area.

Nor do I engage in political debates with those who try to weasel out "what color" I am. It is NONE of their business either way. And there is plenty of room between right-wing and left-wing.

See the common thing? People are not always that easy to pigeonhole.

*Man, I hate those election signs in people's yards. REGARDLESS who the candidate is. Tacky, tacky, tacky.*

WA is not a Castle Doctrine state per se but it is a Stand Your Ground state. I checked before we moved here. I checked on local gun laws also, making sure that the county or city did not have stricter laws than the state does.

Do your homework, follow the laws, and ignore people who try to make you fit their mold.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:05 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,272,247 times
Quote:
So in Western Washington, the answers to your questions will be different depending on who you ask. In Eastern Washington, you'd be completely fine. Not sure about Vancouver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
For the purposes of the OP, I'd hardly say that Western Washington, as a whole, is "anti-gun". Opinions change dramatically once one is out of Seattle proper. Thankfully, as far as I'm concerned.
I agree with mishigas. Once you get away from the population centers of Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia, most of Western Washington is still fairly pro-gun. Lewis County, for example, has one of the highest gun-ownership rates in this state.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,272,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
I live in a very liberal niche in western WA and I am not antigun. In fact, I own one myself and have done so for something like 25 years. Some people here would probably crap their pants if they knew, but, hey, I don't go around showing it off like some idiot.

There is a huge area between hating all guns and hating all gun laws. Most gun owners fit into that huge area.

Nor do I engage in political debates with those who try to weasel out "what color" I am. It is NONE of their business either way. And there is plenty of room between right-wing and left-wing.

See the common thing? People are not always that easy to pigeonhole.

*Man, I hate those election signs in people's yards. REGARDLESS who the candidate is. Tacky, tacky, tacky.*

WA is not a Castle Doctrine state per se but it is a Stand Your Ground state. I checked before we moved here. I checked on local gun laws also, making sure that the county or city did not have stricter laws than the state does.

Do your homework, follow the laws, and ignore people who try to make you fit their mold.
Well said. It's easy to assume that all pro-gun people want to let everyone have access to machine guns and bazookas, but that's actually far from the truth. Just as most anti-gun people don't think guns should be banned, just more tightly controlled.

The problem is that all we ever hear about in the sensationalized media are the loud-mouths on each extreme.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:05 PM

14,488 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
I think someone bringing a gun to the meat counter is beyond ridiculous.
Would you rather they left it in produce?

Seriously! When one leaves the house in the morning, one usually has to commit to what one is wearing, for the remains of the day.

Including the trip to the meat counter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington