Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 06:46 PM

368 posts, read 306,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Well I wasnt against restrictions before the vaccine. I am against them now because we have a vaccine.

So if someone wants to debate the merits of current levels of restrictions, Ill do that. If they want to debate them prior to the vaccine, its no use because I probably wouldnt disagree with them.
Science and data prove that restrictions have no reduction in impact on viral impact.

Case study = United Kingdom vs Sweden, pre-vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 07:02 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,906,498 times
Well, perhaps. Masks generally are a feel good measure yet if just one person avoided COVID due to masking then it is worth it. I am sure it is more than one person. But seriously have masks actually slowed the spread? I believe it has but would like to see the data.

Vaccinations are about 99 percent better than wearing a mask.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:46 PM

368 posts, read 306,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Well, perhaps. Masks generally are a feel good measure yet if just one person avoided COVID due to masking then it is worth it. I am sure it is more than one person. But seriously have masks actually slowed the spread? I believe it has but would like to see the data.

Vaccinations are about 99 percent better than wearing a mask.
Masks didn’t slow anything.

You can compare like peoples/regions/climates and see near identical viral curves.

South Dakota & North Dakota (latter had a mask mandate)
United Kingdom & Sweden (former had a mask mandate and prison-like restrictions and closures)

Low Vitamin D levels is likely the #1 contributor to “the spread”, but no one talks about that.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:56 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,680,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Vaccinated or not doesn’t matter if Inslee-policy is determined by “cases”.

I echo your school child response. The unionized public school system is an utter disaster now.
Yes. This stings on a personal level. My kids are too old to change things up. Freshman and senior.

All I can do is wait and see what happens.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:29 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,906,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Yes. This stings on a personal level. My kids are too old to change things up. Freshman and senior.

All I can do is wait and see what happens.
What will happen is nothing. This so-called covid infection actually is not very infective. I pray for those who have been sickened by this, but the truth is it bypasses most of the population. If you have a VAC, then even better. Yes, some vaxed may still get it, but the symptoms will be lessoned, or not at all. This is not the end of the world by any means. Just find a place that can vaccinate. It is really simple.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
What will happen is nothing. This so-called covid infection actually is not very infective. I pray for those who have been sickened by this, but the truth is it bypasses most of the population. If you have a VAC, then even better. Yes, some vaxed may still get it, but the symptoms will be lessoned, or not at all. This is not the end of the world by any means. Just find a place that can vaccinate. It is really simple.
I’m not worried for my kids health. I’m worried about societal reaction. Society really screw3d us over. Especially my autistic kiddo that depends on going to actual school to meet his social needs.

It’s like my favorite bump sticker of all time: It’s not God I fear: Just His fan club.

What I fear is how my local school district will react to further “developments” in Covid.

Maybe I just have PTSD. Maybe it will be a normal school year.

It really comes down to how much you trust and have faith in things like scientists and people being honest.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:53 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,759 posts, read 58,161,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I’m not worried for my kids health. I’m worried about societal reaction. ...

It really comes down to how much you trust and have faith in things like scientists and people being honest.
or.... educate yourself and family to a level they can intelligently discern truth. (That is a pretty 'normal' behavior)

Socially, having a very diverse social network and resources for entire family will serve a far more meaningful set of relationships than "a normal school year.". I can think of nothing worse for supportive social interaction. Your daily and cumlative family results will quickly indicate your success in that endeavor.

WA lockdown is not going to return due to Covid, but something else could certainly result in a WA lockdown (yet today). I may very well come from "a normal school year." Nothing would surprise me less.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
or.... educate yourself and family to a level they can intelligently discern truth. (That is a pretty 'normal' behavior)

Socially, having a very diverse social network and resources for entire family will serve a far more meaningful set of relationships than "a normal school year.". I can think of nothing worse for supportive social interaction. Your daily and cumlative family results will quickly indicate your success in that endeavor.

WA lockdown is not going to return due to Covid, but something else could certainly result in a WA lockdown (yet today). I may very well come from "a normal school year." Nothing would surprise me less.
You might have won the social network lottery, but we did not.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:45 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,224,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
The writing is on the wall again. People didn't vaccinate and everyone is being told to mask up again, including small children who will soon be injected. Schools are going to be a mess like they were last year. People have adapted to working from home or going on unemployment. Small businesses don't matter anymore. People with sniffles or a stomach ache are told to get a covid test and self isolate.

I predict we go back into phase 2 or 3 by December. Is that too soon or is it more like October? And when are the covid volunteer police going to start visiting everyone's home?
Probably more like September or sooner

Old 07-22-2021, 04:19 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,203,535 times
Only thing Jay can lock down are deez nutz, other than that, F him and his cultists
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington