Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2023, 05:42 PM

1,684 posts, read 2,711,210 times

Advertisements

Still cool in the 60s here during the day/40s-50s at night but we should get above 70 this weekend. Nice fall weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 07:41 PM

6,417 posts, read 8,283,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Yes, its almost opposite of last summer at this time with the prolonged warm, dry period we had.... and then all the fires and smoke that followed. While not ideal conditions when not seeing the sun, I'm hopeful this at least gives us a bit of a reprieve on fire season as we transition into fall. While they won't disappear, this at least takes some of the edge off the tinder box zones just waiting to ignite.

I also look forward to cooler fall temps with all the leaves turning color.

That said, the sun is forecasted to return this week to Vancouver as temps climb back into ideal range. Overall, this summer has been really nice except for the few heatwaves which are tolerable as long as they don't persist. I'm definitely ready for fall now with a lot fewer crowds at all the beautiful PNW outdoor locations. Tourist season is ending with kids back in school along with their parents. I used to long for fall when living in Monterey along the coast as well. You get these perfect days like gems that locals enjoy without all the crowds. Beaches, mountains, hiking trails, lakes, rivers, you name it. It's all so much more enjoyed at this time of year.

Derek
I wholeheartedly agree! This summer has been magical and really got going around here in mid to late May. July was kind of a fever dream and I was lucky enough to go boating on Lake Washington for the 4th and saw Rainier NP and parts of the OP during the week when traffic wasn't bonkers. I am very happy that the hordes of people streaming in and out of SeaTac are going to subside, but I'll admit that late spring with clear skies was beyond spectacular. Snow capped peaks are much more impactful than ones without them imo, so I am happy they'll eventually return.

I am looking forward to the Fall colors, too!

Old 09-05-2023, 11:25 PM

8,217 posts, read 16,710,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I wholeheartedly agree! This summer has been magical and really got going around here in mid to late May. July was kind of a fever dream and I was lucky enough to go boating on Lake Washington for the 4th and saw Rainier NP and parts of the OP during the week when traffic wasn't bonkers. I am very happy that the hordes of people streaming in and out of SeaTac are going to subside, but I'll admit that late spring with clear skies was beyond spectacular. Snow capped peaks are much more impactful than ones without them imo, so I am happy they'll eventually return.

I am looking forward to the Fall colors, too!
If you haven't been to Mt. Rainier NP in the fall, its like a enchanted fairyland of beauty and one of the top places in the PNW for fall colors. I highly recommend a trip up there to check it out. Here's a few from my son and I's trip from last October.

Derek

Old 09-06-2023, 08:50 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
Still cool in the 60s here during the day/40s-50s at night but we should get above 70 this weekend. Nice fall weather.
Yes, this is my favorite time of the year. The Vine Maples are starting to turn color, our vegetable garden harvest is at the peak, and days are staying in the high 60s-low 70s. That means no AC and no heat, and our PSE gas/electric bill goes down to $70-80.

Old 09-06-2023, 11:42 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,084,050 times
The weather has been nicer since the heat away.
I’m actually working today.
My version of WFH would be a bit nicer if I wasn’t getting skunked.
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-1eb7f76d-245d-43b8-98ce-cd5b8345fc95.jpeg  

Old 09-06-2023, 11:01 PM

It was another beautiful summer night on the Columbia tonight. The day was really pleasant as well in the 70s.

Derek

Old 09-07-2023, 01:49 PM

848 posts, read 968,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
It was another beautiful summer night on the Columbia tonight. The day was really pleasant as well in the 70s.
Derek
I know you paddle Lacamas Lake sometimes; do you ever go to Round Lake? Or is it kind of like a "Why bother" thing when Lacamas is right there?

Old 09-07-2023, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSomeday View Post
I know you paddle Lacamas Lake sometimes; do you ever go to Round Lake? Or is it kind of like a "Why bother" thing when Lacamas is right there?
I do paddle both and sometimes on all in the same day. There is a bridge you can paddle under connecting the two which I normally do. Round lake is smaller. So, its like a little side paddle adventure sort of thing for me. Although some folks spend the whole day there. One of the benefits is that there is no boat traffic allowed. So, its very mellow and relaxed. People just go out and hang out their boards fishing or catching some sun.

Derek

Old 09-07-2023, 11:55 PM

Good night Columbia River. The end of another fantastic late summer day in WA.

Derek

Old 09-10-2023, 11:03 PM

Summer is not over until the fat lady sings. Today got into low 80s in Vancouver and was very enjoyable overall. Folks were having BBQs on the beach along the river, going in the warm water and having a good time.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington