Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you prefer to live in?
Miami 37 49.33%
Rio de Janeiro 38 50.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 04:43 PM

51 posts, read 147,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
But this one won't be the worst cold over Brazil. It's just the winter's outbreak. As it goes by, I'll send updates about conditions in Rio.

And, even if we get a brutal cold, it'll be hard for Rio to get 45F. Perhaps a 48F.
Of course it won't be the worst month we are not even in june so we could expect lower temps in July and on,let's see what we'll happen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 05:28 PM

1,440 posts, read 2,540,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabro View Post
A lot of people don't realise that,give me anytime those extreme cold spells that you have in Miami,than the FREEZING cold spells that I suffered when I live in Europe and in Boston that's real cold!after living in Miami you get used to the warm weather i could never live again in freezing europe even in the mediterrenean areas it gets much colder than Miami
I'd rather live in lowland Hawaii then freezing Miami and cold Rio...

Old 05-28-2011, 06:42 PM

869 posts, read 1,124,668 times
we sure got some cold-blooded creatures on this forum

is Venus warm enough ?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:01 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,145 times
I found this news report from CBS talking about bitter blast, bone chilling cold over Florida, on January 2010

YouTube - ‪CBS4 News Coverage On The Record Cold AIr‬‏

A really bitter cold took place through entire Florida. I'm just sad Rio may never see something like that. I just couldn't find the city of Oakland that they mentioned there on a map. Is it near Miami?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi View Post
I think some people tend to confuse Miami and Rio to Russia,saying that they are freezing and cold when they are hot to warm all year round...

Old 05-28-2011, 07:21 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,730,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi View Post
I am sure it would last no more than a couple of days, then be gone again for another year.
This is the same for any place that is right near the start of the tropic line, eg Rockhampton here.
I have an aunt that lives on the west coast of Florida (Cape Coral), they even have open fire-places - for the 2 weeks of winter a year that they get actually get!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek40 View Post
I am sure it would last no more than a couple of days, then be gone again for another year.
This is the same for any place that is right near the start of the tropic line, eg Rockhampton here.
I have an aunt that lives on the west coast of Florida (Cape Coral), they even have open fire-places - for the 2 weeks of winter a year that they get actually get!
That's the point both Rio and Miami are located at the edges of the tropics so cold spells are always a possibility,all tropical and subtropical climates have cold spells,some are more powerful or less powerful,the only places that don't have cold spells are those located in the equator like Manaus for example.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:31 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabro View Post
I think some people tend to confuse Miami and Rio to Russia,saying that they are freezing and cold when they are hot to warm all year round...
So, do you think it's warm a high of 44F??? That one was set in Miami. I said Miami, home of heat and sun. It just hit me really hard, I would expect that to happen at inland areas such as Orlando or Ocala, but Miami? No place in Florida but Key West was above 50F on Jan. 9th 2010. Such a thing never happened on Rio de Janeiro and, only São Paulo, where I live and 2600 feet taller than Miami, we got this high back in 1923.

Man, I'm shocked

Old 05-28-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
So, do you think it's warm a high of 44F??? That one was set in Miami. I said Miami, home of heat and sun. It just hit me really hard, I would expect that to happen at inland areas such as Orlando or Ocala, but Miami? No place in Florida but Key West was above 50F on Jan. 9th 2010. Such a thing never happened on Rio de Janeiro and, only São Paulo, where I live and 2600 feet taller than Miami, we got this high back in 1923.

Man, I'm shocked
That even of january 2010 was very extreme and very rare,it will be very difficult to happen again

Old 05-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Here a picutures of both Miami Beach and Rio,which one do you prefer?
I believe Rio is much more scenic and natural looking however Miami ocean water and sand is much more tropical looking and cleaner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather