Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 06:06 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Modern times are here and nobody needs any additional apologies. People need to move on. Get over it.
Those 'slaves' now have the most jobs and income....football stars and television hosts....every opportunity and then some that everyone else has. Slavery is a thing of the past. Shut up!
It's been 100% total equality for ages....only now the white Americans are the minority and getting screwed.

I'll be damned if I can figure why this website allows what they do to exist in a "weather" forum.

Look at the 'happy' and the 'unhappy' threads. Nothing but garbage, heavily laced with childish profanity. Reporting it does *nothing*.
Wow, racist much...

If the forum annoys you so much then stop coming on it

Old 04-26-2014, 06:06 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Modern times are here and nobody needs any additional apologies. People need to move on. Get over it.
Those 'slaves' now have the most jobs and income....football stars and television hosts....every opportunity and then some that everyone else has. Slavery is a thing of the past. Shut up!
It's been 100% total equality for ages....only now the white Americans are the minority and getting screwed.

I'll be damned if I can figure why this website allows what they do to exist in a "weather" forum.

Look at the 'happy' and the 'unhappy' threads. Nothing but garbage, heavily laced with childish profanity. Reporting it does *nothing*.
Whew, all this black privilege is making me feel guilty.

I mean whites get pulled over by cops for DWW (driving while white). Names like Hunter, Cody and Zack prevent you from getting jobs because people assume you're less intelligent. Whites that have the same criminal record and commit the same crimes as blacks are far more likely to go to jail and serve more time for said crimes. Whites are the poster children for affirmative action, even though black women are the biggest beneficiaries. Whites are told to get over the past, but blacks will be the first to pull the reverse racism card.

Blacks are quick to pull the "Asians don't complain and are successful" card, yet these same Asians (if the stereotypes were true) earn less than blacks and the blacks are disproportionately well represented in corporate boardrooms. In other words, the model minority Asians, that out-achieve blacks still trail behind blacks.

None of this makes any sense unless you switch each "black" reference with "white" and each "white" reference with "black."

Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
If Texas is included in "the South," the differences with Europe become more pronounced. Desert, swamp, prairie and steppe-like conditions exist here. Tornadoes, hurricanes, flash flooding, extreme drought, ice, heavy snow (in the panhandle), extreme heat in the West and high humidity in the East...fun, but not exactly a tropical paradise.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:05 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
It appears that Orlando reaches near freezing every year.
They go below freezing on average 2-3 times per year, There is a reason that they are zone 9b.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:28 AM

1,440 posts, read 2,540,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
They go below freezing on average 2-3 times per year, There is a reason that they are zone 9b.
Urban Orlando has a nice heat island effect...2-3 degrees warmer than the suburbs. Lots of tender stuff growing there...trending more towards zone 10a.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:22 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,923,775 times
This is where I went for my jog this morning:

South Padre Island, TX,

This is just one of MANY beautiful beaches that you can see in Texas, and the rest of the states in the South (Texas, though, is not always considered Southern), hence why the South is subtropical paradise; and the region has the peaceful, stable subtropical weather to boot, as well. Lots of thunderstorms occur in the South, but they are not often severe(this especially applies for areas close to the coast).

Alot of people are under the delusion that the South gets colder winter extremes than any other subtropical climate, but that premise is quite false; if that were true, then the South's native vegetation would be extremely hardy compared to other subtropical locations, but that is clearly not the case.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,800 times
Nice to see the Zip-a-dee-doo-dah vid, thanks for that bit of fun. Sadly though, the inaccurate Disney portrayal belies the reality of the life of such folk of African descent living in the south in that era, which was 18 hours a day of slave labour, daily beatings and near starvation, under that searing 95 degree heat.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:21 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,219,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post

South Padre Island, TX,

This is just one of MANY beautiful beaches that you can see in Texas, and the rest of the states in the South (Texas, though, is not always considered Southern), hence why the South is subtropical paradise; and the region has the peaceful, stable subtropical weather to boot, as well. Lots of thunderstorms occur in the South, but they are not often severe(this especially applies for areas close to the coast).

Alot of people are under the delusion that the South gets colder winter extremes than any other subtropical climate, but that premise is quite false; if that were true, then the South's native vegetation would be extremely hardy compared to other subtropical locations, but that is clearly not the case.
As the south gets ravaged by tornadoes this week...

Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post

South Padre Island, TX,

But, hold on. I thought the South had tender, delicate, fragile ecosystems which are very sensitive to cold, and thus, North America needs weather modification to keep the South warm. But, here, now you are saying temps are stable, ergo it's always warm and the "tender, delicate, fragile" plants can survive extremely well.

Which is it?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:47 PM

855 posts, read 771,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
If you read my post properly you'd know that I said only the DEEPEST part of the SOUTH is truly tropical or subtropical (comparable to Hervey Bay and most of QLD), where it rarely goes near freezing, akin to Australia's similar latitude areas.
All of the southeastern US is subtropical.

"Subtropical" doesn't mean "almost tropical." It means "everything between temperate and tropical." Which is a huge range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather