Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 07:54 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroGuy View Post
I don't get you. No matter how much you want it to be, NI doesn't come close to being like or looking like North America. Not the housing, the vehicles, the customs, nothing. Deal with it.

You haven't tried crap. The closest thing you've tried to alcohol is a mug of strawberry Nesquik.
Yes I have actually a few times and i've hated it every time.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Some people just don't like it, but there are many different types of beer and wine. My favourite wines are dessert wines because they're sweet. I like champagne too but it's kind of vinegary and too dry for my liking.
I've just tried the ones at weddings.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:56 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
'The ones at weddings' could be any type of wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroGuy View Post
You assume correctly. Ignore that little Northern Irish pre-teen.
You know nothing about the relationship that Americans and Ireland have.

I don't see them ever flying to Australia and investing there or visiting relatives because they don't have any because Australia is at the bottom of the world miles away from anywhere else.

21 posts, read 14,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Well Scandinavians are foreigners who do not speak the English language.

To me Americans will always be closer to us.. and that is just the way it is for me. I should have an advantage to this discussion anyway as I have actually visited America.
America is nothing like NI. You've been to America, you should be aware of this. The housing, the vehicles, the trains, the road markings are a world apart. Australia is much closer to America in these categories.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Really?! I don't so, we are more like Norwegians.
So are we, as little as I want to relate to those arrogant hillbillies. I have to admit, Finland is very like Norway.

I like wine and champagne, I prefer white wine over red. But as opposite to dunno, I don't like dessert wines, but a bit more sour ones.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Besides the English language, in what way is the US more similar to the UK, than Scandinavia? Have you ever been to Scandinavia to make a comparison?

From my observations, the US is considerably more sprawling, more car-orientated, not as liberal, more distrusting of government. Americans are generally louder, more extroverted, more religious.
oh and we in Northern Ireland aren't religious? We have Baptist and Presbyterian churches here and they are very religious. They protested/picketed in our towns when we extended the sunday opening hours.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:59 AM

21 posts, read 14,865 times
Quote:
You know nothing about the relationship that Americans and Ireland have.

I don't see them ever flying to Australia and investing there or visiting relatives because they don't have any because Australia at the bottom of the world miles away from anywhere else.
Actually, there are several flights daily between North America and Australia. You are full of it little girl, Australia is actually much more like NA than your piddly little island, our housing, vehicles, trains, roads and even things like road markings and level crossings look like the American designs. Same cannot be said for Ireland. An American travelling to Australia would have less of a culture shock than an American travelling to your little abode. Same for an Australian travelling to America vs an Australian travelling to NI.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:59 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
oh and we in Northern Ireland aren't religious? We have Baptist and Presbyterian churches here and they are very religious. They protested/picketed in our towns when we extended the sunday opening hours.
I don't care about Northern Ireland. I'm talking about the rest of the UK.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:00 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
I'd be surprised if even Northern Ireland's religiosity could compare to the extremism here in the US. I don't know why you want to be so closely associated with this country. It's great, but has so many problems. Culturally and politically speaking, NI is closer to Europe than it is to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather