Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 12:17 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times

Advertisements

watching bbc news and its just breaking news after breaking news

Murder in north London, murder in Manchester, space plane crash, child abuse wtf...

Old 11-01-2014, 12:19 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbyzero0 View Post
It means "Allah (God) is Great". Go here and you'll hear that experession is common. Even I've heard several times, non-Muslim say that expression.

Media exageration, i think. If ISIS make fault, don't blame the whole religion.
I can't speak for Ariete, but I don't want to hear any of it where I live whether it's coming from a terrorist or not. Just like you have the right not to want to hear "USA! USA!" or "Jesus!" chants where you live and not to be overrun by a mass migration of American or European Christians.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:29 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,818,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
watching bbc news and its just breaking news after breaking news

Murder in north London, murder in Manchester, space plane crash, child abuse wtf...
Ah yeah I forgot about the space plane crash. What happened there? I bet the people that have already bought seats are feeling a bit twitchy over it.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:48 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I know it was a joke, and thought it was funny at the time. But after reading divisionzeros' response, I can see his point of view. Doubt it's funny to him to see his religion (which he does take seriously) being compared to an extremist terrorist group run by people thousands of miles away by a complete different culture and ethnicity without much in common other than the same religion. I find the "i'm being offended rants" tiring but I get why he might get a bit annoyed at hearing it.
Yeah, me too, but that reasoning was way too more thought through than my post. Of course I don't say every Muslim is an adherent of ISIS. The leader of the Egyptian Islamic congregation even vowed to stop using the IS-abbreviation, as the terrorist group has nothing to do with an Islamic State.

But there's no need to be hypersensitive either. I didn't meant it to be an insult. I was surprised to hear it on my street. Regularly you hear only drunken mutter or somebody shouting at their dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I can't speak for Ariete, but I don't want to hear any of it where I live whether it's coming from a terrorist or not. Just like you have the right not to want to hear "USA! USA!" or "Jesus!" chants where you live and not to be overrun by a mass migration of American or European Christians.
Well, it's a free country, so do what you like. I'm not the one telling people what to do on our streets.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:21 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well, it's a free country, so do what you like. I'm not the one telling people what to do on our streets.
Nobody has an inherent right to live anywhere in the world they wish. That freedom does not exist and has never existed in the history of mankind. I simply want the freedom to live in a community governed and populated by my own people.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:38 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Nobody has an inherent right to live anywhere in the world they wish. That freedom does not exist and has never existed in the history of mankind. I simply want the freedom to live in a community governed and populated by my own people.
Don't completely agree. First, how do you define "your own people"? Personally, I don't really expect though don't object to a homogeneous place. A big city such as New York City always has been full of immigrants, expecting "your own people" however that might be defined is unreasonable there. In the 19th century there were no almost restrictions on entrance to the US.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:39 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Can't deny that, but I am happy living in a district 15% immigrant, which is high on Finnish standards and I like it. The neighbouring Ethiopian is "my people".

Old 11-01-2014, 01:46 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Erm, what?

Old 11-01-2014, 02:23 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,669,870 times
No issue if they integrate into the local population. But it REALLY bugs me when some come and cause increasing crime rates and want to live like they do back home (look at Sweden and increased rape and crime after immigration wave 2 decades ago).

That is all I'll say on this issue, don't want a ban for telling the truth.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:26 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Or when they don't speak our language or beg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather