Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 02:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Yea because we aren't poor isn't it obvious.
I'm not following your train of thought.

So, do you want to understand why people move long distances, or don't you? If you don't, do you want to understand why?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:05 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,720 times
Quote:
I will never understand it because i'm not from an immigrant society.
Did you watch the vid?

It's such an easy concept to grasp - this is stuff I learned when I was a little kid - it's just not that hard.

Let's put it that way - let's say you live in India - you have some idea what it's like there. You have the opportunity to come to America and make way more money than you could ever dream of in your homeland. Wouldn't you be on the next flight out? And didn't you say you want to immigrate to America too, because we've got big roads and fancy shopping malls?

I just don't see why you have difficulty grasping such a basic concept.

Here's another vid for your viewing pleasure - one of the best things about this country, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2w4lwQRtc

Old 10-19-2014, 02:13 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,207,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You do realize Australia is only 2 hours closer to India than the east coast US, right? Also, lots of Indians are already moving to Australia, so it's a moot point. Even more of a moot point, over a million Brits choose to call Australia home, and Australia is the second furthest country away from the UK. Obviously distance doesn't mean a thing

Knowing Owen, subconsciously he doesn't like us "ethnics" living in the country he wants to live in badly.

Either you can't understand, Owen, or you don't want to understand. Pretty sure we've all had this conversation with you before. So, do you want to understand or not?

And you're not? I find Adi to be a lot easier to talk to than you.

People emigrate for many different reasons. Not everyone moves for joy, not everyone moves for economics. I would move to Asia, even Vietnam or China, just for the joy and experience.

People from China move here by the hundreds of thousands, same with Koreans, Filipinos, and Vietnamese. Less than 1 million Brits live in the US, compared to over a million Indians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Filipino EACH.
I would immigrate no further than 4,000 miles

Old 10-19-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Did you watch the vid?

It's such an easy concept to grasp - this is stuff I learned when I was a little kid - it's just not that hard.

Let's put it that way - let's say you live in India - you have some idea what it's like there. You have the opportunity to come to America and make way more money than you could ever dream of in your homeland. Wouldn't you be on the next flight out? And didn't you say you want to immigrate to America too, because we've got big roads and fancy shopping malls?

I just don't see why you have difficulty grasping such a basic concept.

Here's another vid for your viewing pleasure - one of the best things about this country, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2w4lwQRtc
Honestly I have no idea I am very fortunate.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I would immigrate no further than 4,000 miles
I didn't ask you, what's the furthest you're willing to emigrate, I asked do you want to understand why people emigrate to far off lands? In the age of plane travel, a 10 hour flight is nothing. Our ancestors came to North America on wooden ships that took over a month to get here. In the grand scheme of things, 10 hours or less is insignificant. My countrymen went all the way to the Philippines in wooden ships with sails. For many people, distance was never a factor in anything except procuring supplies

Old 10-19-2014, 02:23 PM

I'm British i'm not Spanish so please stop hassling me and forcing your views down my throat.

We only immigrate to anglo countries, we aren't poor so we move voluntarly and thats the way it is. Ok

Old 10-19-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I'm British i'm not Spanish so please stop hassling me and forcing your views down my throat.

We only immigrate to anglo countries, we aren't poor so we move voluntarly and thats the way it is. Ok
What does being Spanish have to do with anything?

You only emigrate to Anglo countries? Not according to this map. Britain has one of the highest, if not the highest, emigration rate for a developed country. Doesn't sound like a population that likes to stay in its own little island or to another country that has a similar culture to you.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:28 PM

You will accept who you are will you.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:30 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times
Quote:
Yea because we aren't poor isn't it obvious.
So it's not so hard to grasp... it's not worth it to leave the UK for another culture for most, living standards are high. Ditto with the US, few Americans leave. India is much poorer than the US, it's worth to leave your home and culture for the US. Or the UK. Plenty of Indians in the UK, higher than the US by %. Not really that different of a situation.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:31 PM

Aye but nei i'm just saying why would they not move to closer countries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather