Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:13 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times

Advertisements

We've had some extreme weather this year with record highs and droughts and unfortunately the monsoon rains in the Mid West and Texas. We've also seen cooler than normal areas for summer.

I'm wondering if this trend is continuing into the Fall season. If so, please let us know how your weather is different from the normal pattern.

So far, our early Fall season is just a tad bit warmer, but only by a few degrees. We are getting some relief from the drought, and hopefully this will continue into October which is usually a bit on the wet side. So, I would say our weather so far this Fall season is leaning towards being normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 11:32 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
COLD!!

For a span of about 5 days or so, we're below normal temps. BUT Sunday there's a warm up coming and we're supposed to be above avg.

Just adding~it's supposed to get down to 35 degrees tonight. BRRRR.

Friday the high is supposed to be 60. The average high is 76.

Friday night the low is supposed to be 38. The average low is 49.

Last edited by Jammie; 09-13-2007 at 11:52 PM..

Old 09-14-2007, 07:38 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Unfortunately it still feels like summer here

Old 09-14-2007, 07:46 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
We had one day this week that there was actually a cool "nip" in the air!
Beautiful sunny day with just a tad of coolness! Wonderful! We typically don't have any coolness until at least very late Sept. or early October. So it was very refreshing. I love Autumn! It's my favorite season because here in the south, it's that refreshing break after the awful heat!

This summer has been very mild as for as Dallas summers generally go, too.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
We had one day this week that there was actually a cool "nip" in the air!
Beautiful sunny day with just a tad of coolness! Wonderful! We typically don't have any coolness until at least very late Sept. or early October. So it was very refreshing. I love Autumn! It's my favorite season because here in the south, it's that refreshing break after the awful heat!
This summer has been very mild as for as Dallas summers generally go, too.

kaykay, I know exactly what you mean. It is that way for me here as well. After the harshness of summer, a bit of nip in the air gets me going, and I usually want to be outside, working in my flower bed, getting rid of the dead summery stuff and putting in bright fall colors, with much green on them!

As you guys well know, we have had some of the hottest days ever for our area and I think we were over 100 for like 14 or 16 days straight. Without any rain. Records were broken many days here.

I hate that the tropical system had to come in, but it has helped our drought situation and now everything looks so lush and green.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
COLD!!

For a span of about 5 days or so, we're below normal temps. BUT Sunday there's a warm up coming and we're supposed to be above avg.

Just adding~it's supposed to get down to 35 degrees tonight. BRRRR.

Friday the high is supposed to be 60. The average high is 76.

Friday night the low is supposed to be 38. The average low is 49.
Wow, lows in the 30's.. oh wow....Yup that is cold, not cool. Hope your weather moderates itself out and you can enjoy a bit of Fall weather.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Shaping up real good now. Was looking like it would be a not so spectacular foilage due to drought, but we received a decent amount of rain on Monday and it is pouring today and we should get a couple of inches. Hopefully that will be enough to spare the fall season from being less than spectacular.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:54 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times
ohh beautiful up here in the heart of New England.. it should be a wonderful fall.. We've been having highs in the 60's ish and lows in the 40's.. The shocked trees are almost fully changed but some are still very green.. I can see specs of turned trees on the mountain outside my house... Next week we don't have temps coming out of the low 60's with low's in the 30's. nice and cool just the way I like it.!! Autumn is awsome!!
Here's some of the shocked ones already
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0010.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-14-2007, 11:38 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Tara, you sound like someone who enjoys the climate you live in. That's wonderful!!! Wish I could say the same. Guess I'm just a spring/summer type of gal.

Those of you who live in the southern part of the country are so lucky. I'd love to have some warmth right now. How about we do about a 20 degree trade? My coldness for some of your warmth???

Old 09-14-2007, 01:13 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Tara, you sound like someone who enjoys the climate you live in. That's wonderful!!! Wish I could say the same. Guess I'm just a spring/summer type of gal.

Those of you who live in the southern part of the country are so lucky. I'd love to have some warmth right now. How about we do about a 20 degree trade? My coldness for some of your warmth???
I adore the NE and all its weather, I love having four seasons, I love the grey rainy days , the cold days even the rainy ones, the snow the leaves and the spring.. And believe me the ones in the south aren't that lucky.. I moved here from South Florida.. the heat isn't what its cracked up to be.. Try having 50 straight days of over 100 degrees with 100% humidity... thats not a treat, its a burden and its miserable...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather