Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 04:38 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,927,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
It's refreshing lol ... yeah ,i know you are near Chester/Hawarden Razza - Liverpool is the only NW England location i have spent any time for reference.

and Torbay SW - that was really mild in winter . Almost a non winter -but we won't get onto that one

Liverpool is milder since it's right on the sea and poorly sheltered. Their record high of 34.5C in August is way out of character, and actually quite notable.

Torquay has no official stats, but the foliage suggests it's very mild in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 04:58 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,372,307 times
Weird how that one doesn't have stats or a weather station - same as Bournemouth central .

Old 06-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
Weird how that one doesn't have stats or a weather station - same as Bournemouth central .
Yeah, I guess they can't put them everywhere. They just have a tendency to avoid the most interesting locations. I'm still baffled that Southsea was closed down

Old 06-10-2017, 05:19 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,900,469 times
I will go with November-March or any month that it snows in Erie, PA area since people associate the area with snow/winter.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:13 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
If you looks at the yearly daytime temperatures, Motueka is closer to Ipswich than Rome. He often likes to compare his location to southern Europe to make himself feel all exotic
How do you reach that conclusion?

Motueka is warmer than Rome for six months, while Rome is warmer for six months -the difference in average maximum is 2C. Sunshine is the same.

Motueka is warmer than Ipswich for 12 months and the difference in the coolest period (6C), is the same as the difference between Rome and Motueka in the warmest period. Motueka is warmer by 3.7C as an average maximum. Sunshine is 500 hours higher.

Your arguments are poor, you tend ignore facts that are posted, and make comments about the poster

Quote:
He's Irish, and I've heard Irish people say that about the UK

Yes, I'm surprised he didn't mention that, but he's probably never been to England.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
How do you reach that conclusion?

Motueka is warmer than Rome for six months, while Rome is warmer for six months -the difference in average maximum is 2C. Sunshine is the same.

Motueka is warmer than Ipswich for 12 months and the difference in the coolest period (6C), is the same as the difference between Rome and Motueka in the warmest period. Motueka is warmer by 3.7C as an average maximum. Sunshine is 500 hours higher.

Your arguments are poor, you tend ignore facts that are posted, and make comments about the poster.
I'm the one who ignores facts? Coming for the guy who routinely disregards official weather station statistics in favour of deranged anecdotes? This is rich

And in terms of personal attacks, I've actually said positive things about you as a person, you must have overlooked that. I think you're a nice guy, generally chilled out.

Btw, I'm still waiting for those Wellington stats, 5th time of asking. We must be approaching some kind of record.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I'm the one who ignores facts? Coming for the guy who routinely disregards official weather station statistics in favour of deranged anecdotes? This is rich

Btw, I'm still waiting for those Wellington stats, 5th time of asking. We must be approaching some kind of record.
I've already posted the stats -back about 2-3 pages.

What official station stats do I ignore?

Calling people deranged is a bit sad. I was hoping for genuine inquiry even if it is sceptical.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I've already posted the stats -back about 2-3 pages.

What official station stats do I ignore?
I'm referencing our debate in a previous thread, forgot which one it was though

You posted stats from somewhere 60Km from Wellington, which are completely irrelevant.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
You posted stats from somewhere 60Km from Wellington, which are completely irrelevant.
It's in the urban authority. The second place is within the city limits and about 35km out. I had thought there was a 23C+ in the Hutt Valley, but might have been mistaken. There are locations on Weatherbase that exceed 23C, but they only seem like short time spans.

Just the context of the previous conversation would be enough -I don't recall ignoring any stats for UK locations.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:35 PM

Clareville is not in Wellington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather