Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 09:33 AM

83,529 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

Henry video. Mentions the coastal storm affected Europe. Why Thunderstorms will happen without high dewpoints. Quick hitting storms. Strong November blizzard. Maybe again next week for same areas!

Blizzard and Severe Weather Outbreak This Week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 09:52 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,601,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Not sure what our latest sub 10C high on record is.. but at the moment it looks like it may well be late November/early December before we see one!

Forget about frost/freezes until at least December, there is no sign of us even going below 10C at night in the next 10 days
At a guess probably mid-December.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:56 AM

2,508 posts, read 1,849,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
These posts are somewhat related. No strong push from NW so keeps Florida baking.

This is the problem with Florida, and (to some extent) the lower coast of Georgia around St Simons: it's coastline.

For example, if you're in Charleston, SC and you get a NNE wind, you get a land breeze, thus a big cooldown. A NNE wind in Daytona however is a sea breeze, thus the air gets moderated.

If the winds come from the NE, these areas get screwed because the air has to go over parts of the Atantic first before going back onto land again. The water obviously warms the airmass quite a bit as it passes over.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:59 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,279,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
This is the problem with Florida, and (to some extent) the lower coast of Georgia around St Simons: it's coastline.

For example, if you're in Charleston, SC and you get a NNE wind, you get a land breeze, thus a big cooldown. A NNE wind in Daytona however is a sea breeze, thus the air gets moderated.

If the winds come from the NE, these areas get screwed because the air has to go over parts of the Atantic first before going back onto land again. The water obviously warms the airmass quite a bit as it passes over.
Yep, that's the perfect recipe for marine stratocumulus clouds. You can see in the satellite loop I posted that there are some over the Gulf right now. When that wind shifts to the northeast, the east coast of Florida will be blanketed in those horrible clouds.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:48 AM

I might have to start a new thread for the storm next week. Same areas getting snow today & tomorrow could be getting it again next week. GFS has an insane system drops 1-2+ feet of snow in parts of Kansas and North Dakota & CO.

Will give it 1 more day to see if others agree on the system, not so much the details.

https://twitter.com/DanLeonard_wx/st...19661760507904

As I said October 27th

Quote:
Welcome to the new stormy pattern in the U.S.
Just in time.. Only thing is.. Eastern U.S no end in sight with above normal temps "overall". Only quick shots of cold.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:07 PM

Ok.......... Who ever prayed for that Stubborn Western Ridge to flip to the other side needs to come forward... I have something to say to you. lol. WTF!!

No....end...in...sight...

Western/Central U.S turn now.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:44 PM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
Polar opposite compared to last year, GFS tries to shove a front down after about two weeks, but I have a feeling arctic air will depend on forcing upstream and snowpack as well.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:48 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,849,221 times
^^
Wow. Look at that warm air aloft over northeastern Mexico. 22 C 850s? WTF?!

I have a feeling that air is going to travel ENE in my direction down the road

Old 11-10-2015, 12:53 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,720 times
Quote:
Ok.......... Who ever prayed for that Stubborn Western Ridge to flip to the other side needs to come forward... I have something to say to you. lol. WTF!!

No....end...in...sight...

Western/Central U.S turn now.
How warm would Atlanta be if this pans out? Any hope for a severe weather outbreak for the SE with this pattern?

Old 11-10-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Polar opposite compared to last year, GFS tries to shove a front down after about two weeks, but I have a feeling arctic air will depend on forcing upstream and snowpack as well.
Looks like that run the other day with sustained cold by the Euro was a simple fluke. This is it. This is the pattern. Trend is your friend. I'm not fretting yet but come December I don't want 50s anymore. It is nice to see "cold" air dropping down somewhere though. Some people out there make it seem like Canada will be on fire. lol We need a BIG fundamental change in the atmosphere somewhere to get the trough in the East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
^^
Wow. Look at that warm air aloft over northeastern Mexico. 22 C 850s? WTF?!

I have a feeling that air is going to travel ENE in my direction down the road
yeah, sick. In fact that hot air already made it towards you by end of next week. That frame there for next Friday showing +15C. That would be around record warm for the period for that level over SC.. We don't usually see this warm type of air mass in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
How warm would Atlanta be if this pans out? Any hope for a severe weather outbreak for the SE with this pattern?
Well above normal. Near record so whatever that is. Havent checked but that is incredible air mass if happens. record 850mb temp over Atlanta is 14C for the time period. Showing 16C there. Sick

only saving grace is... It's long range on the Euro and 10 days out. But the overall pattern is not changing till after mid December IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather