Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2015, 12:52 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times

Advertisements

If the ocean is so cold I would think I would be in for a below average winter.

The cold air will come quicker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 12:53 PM
SFX

1,637 posts, read 893,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Kinda scary that it's showing the whole world as scorching hot, except for parts of N America and a few other spots.
That's due to the US having much better weather data than most other locations.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I hope the Atlantic doesn't cool much more - that's bad news for us.
I can't see us getting a mild winter again. I don't know if it will be particularly cold but certainly "cool".

Old 08-12-2015, 01:03 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Not sure what you meant as far as the trending comment, but not true at all as far as the Jamstec trend. Re-look at what they had in May, June and July. It was getting warmer not colder. May was the coldest, and each month their forecast got warmer until just this latest forecast. This is the first flip back to cold for the Jamstec since May, so it is not really accurate to say it has been trending colder. It had been trending warmer. But maybe he is talking about his own trending forecast or others.
I think You have accu pro, right? Go check out his video. I believe the trends would start now, not from spring. After all its harder being 8 months away. We'll see what Septembers update shows but I agree, 1 month doesnt really make a trend UNLESS the trend he's talking about is the fact that it trended colder from 30 days ago. May update looks colder but at least it TV switched back after June & July was warmer.

Isnt this fun? Better than summer right? Lol. Still surprised you dont post in the Summer thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I think You have accu pro, right? Go check out his video. I believe the trends would start now, not from spring. After all its harder being 8 months away. We'll see what Septembers update shows but I agree, 1 month doesnt really make a trend UNLESS the trend he's talking about is the fact that it trended colder from 30 days ago. May update looks colder but at least it TV switched back after June & July was warmer.

Isnt this fun? Better than summer right? Lol. Still surprised you dont post in the Summer thread

I love summer, but let's be honest, summer is boring compared to winter. If we were getting more thunderstorms I would enjoy more. Been a paltry summer for rain and storms. We are not getting heatwaves or many 90F days (so far 18 days above 90F vs average of 29). My plants need constant watering with this dry weather. It has been a pretty much average summer temp wise and I am enjoying it. Going to the beach most weekends both NJ and in Delaware. Nothing interesting to post.

Winter is more interesting to me cause it is so unstable. I just hope this year it is as average as this summer has been, which you would probably hate.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I love summer, but let's be honest, summer is boring compared to winter.

Winter is more interesting to me cause it is so unstable.
Quote:
I just hope this year it is as average as this summer has been, which you would probably hate.
Sounds contradicting. You love the unstable aspect of winter yet you want it to be average like this summer. But maybe that's just you want a break after past couple years so I get it.

yes, I would hate and people on this forum would seriously need to put me on their ignore list. LOL!

Give me more extreme than last year. Few weeks of that wasn't enough!

But I doubt another 100yr event will happen back to back so all I want is to track and get snowstorms and the occasional Polar Bear.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Sounds contradicting. You love the unstable aspect of winter yet you want it to be average like this summer. But maybe that's just you want a break after past couple years so I get it.

yes, I would hate and people on this forum would seriously need to put me on their ignore list. LOL!

But I doubt another 100yr event will happen back to back so all I want is to track and get snowstorms and the occasional Polar Bear.

Do you like snow more than cold? If you could only get one of, let's say, extremely cold or loads of snowstorms, which would you choose? I would actually take the cold I think instead of the snow. This city is really ugly with snow and tough to get around with big snowstorms. Streets are way too narrow so you get plowed in for days.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Does sound a little bit contradictory, but think of it like this: an avg winter here would still feature 22" of snow, freezing cold nights, a number of ice days, rain, some warm 50F plus days, etc. Still much more varied than summer. And even an average winter would still feature an extreme winter low temp in the lower teens or upper single digits. That is much more varied than an average summer.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Do you like snow more than cold? If you could only get one of, let's say, extremely cold or loads of snowstorms, which would you choose? .
Ugh.. that's like choosing which girlfriend you like better right in front of them. Not fair! LOL!
I will have to say extreme cold. Something about the cold that charges me up but I would be sad there would be no snow with it because snowstorms charge up my happy emotions. Snowstorms melt too fast around here and that's why I need both.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Ugh.. that's like choosing which girlfriend you like better right in front of them. Not fair! LOL!
I will have to say extreme cold. Something about the cold that charges me up but I would be sad there would be no snow with it because snowstorms charge up my happy emotions. Snowstorms melt too fast around here and that's why I need both.
How about consistently in the upper teens to low 30s and lots of snow? So no extreme cold though cold for your area standards. If winter had to be cold, that'd be my ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather