Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 10:08 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I agree there's very little true populist candidates in the U.S. and that pro-immigration is a near consensus opinion among elites. But it is a value among a large portion of Americans, roughly half maybe a bit more maybe a bit less.and most hostility is focused on illegal immigration.
I wouldn't call it a "value" amongst "Americans." Maybe it's something that recent immigrants or naturalized "Americans" would call a value. The fact that a lot of Americans apparently give their assent to massive legal immigration is likely a result of political correctness and these elites who project their values on everyone else.

It is hard to deviate so substantially from the mainstream political narrative of the wonders of massive immigration and the "nation of immigrants" mantra. But people are not so circumspect. They fail to notice that massive immigration is a consensus value only amongst the hostile elites in Western countries; elsewhere, the preservation of your people and heritage are taken for granted. They also don't consider the fact that the current immigration standards were only introduced after 1965, and that with this change of standards, the American people were lied to. People like Ted Kennedy had to lie and say that the new standards wouldn't fundamentally change the ethnic composition of this country, but that was obviously a lie. The elites and cultural Marxists had other plans all along, and now their values have become so normalized that anyone who dissents is considered defective in some way.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:13 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Ok, so anyone who disagrees with you on immigration has been brainwashed by the p.c. Police. How condescending. Do you ever have real discussions with people with other views?

Old 08-22-2015, 10:13 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
In the UK, the consensus amongst the general public is that immigration itself is okay, but is excessive in current numbers. I agree in part, but the situation here is largely down to underfunded infrastructure and lack of affordable housing, which would be a problem even without immigration because successive governments have failed in that regard.

No, there's no brainwashing going on. That's reactionary nonsense.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:15 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Most political debates I've watched (mostly presidental) are in the European eye very populist. This is maybe not true regarding the average congressman, but this is the impression I've got.

And don't hang up on that immigrant example, it was only an example.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:16 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Were they republican debates or democratic or general?

Old 08-22-2015, 10:21 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Were they republican debates or democratic or general?
General. Dem vs Rep.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:22 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Ok, so anyone who disagrees with you on immigration has been brainwashed by the p.c. Police. How condescending. Do you ever have real discussions with people with other views?
Yes, I have them. Usually, any deviation from PC strictures shocks them and they don't know how to respond. On a deeper level, I think how I feel is how a very large number of people feel.

It's odd how some would call someone like me narrow-minded when most people just follow what those in power say. I think one is showing a great degree of narrow-mindedness when he cannot think past the present political paradigms.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Yes, I have them. Usually, any deviation from PC strictures shocks them and they don't know how to respond. On a deeper level, I think how I feel is how a very large number of people feel.

It's odd how some would call someone like me narrow-minded when most people just follow what those in power say. I think one is showing a great degree of narrow-mindedness when he cannot think past the present political paradigms.
I think one is showing a great degree of narrow-mindedness when he presumes that people are simply following the heard because anything other than your opinion on a particular subject cannot be right (when in actuality you're wrong nearly all the time, as are most right-wing loonies).

Old 08-22-2015, 10:27 AM

Isn't calling his opinions wrong also narrow-minded?

Old 08-22-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Isn't calling his opinions wrong also narrow-minded?
I'm trying to prove a point here nei.. shh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather