Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 10:02 AM

83,588 posts, read 75,560,215 times

Advertisements

Ummmm....

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/643813077297684480

Old 09-15-2015, 10:03 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,248,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Yeah. Honestly it's easy to see why some people just choose to work right out of high school....or go to a trade school.
Agreed. Working is much better than school IMO. I hated it, but pushed through.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:06 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,285,370 times
Quote:
Lol, you're just going to be in 14th grade next fall. Honestly the first two years of college are such a waste of time....it's not til your 3rd or 4th year that you get into the real interesting classes.
If all goes to plan, I won't be taking any bull**** classes next fall. After I finish the boring gen ed classes like World Civilization II and Intro to Philosophy in spring, my classes will be relevant to my major. I had AP credit for a lot of the nonsense ones, so I didn't have to take them.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:08 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,453,047 times
It was so much nicer at this time yesterday. Fu©k warm weather.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:15 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,360,346 times
Quote:
Honestly I've never been much of a school person anyways....too much bull**** classes to take just to get to the interesting classes that actually pertain to your major. I feel like undergrad school is like an extension of high school almost except with more responsibilities outside of school.
Agreed. I was a STEM student "learning" what I already knew, and taking bs classes like social studies and Spanish that were a requirement. It wasn't worth it imo. I plan on finishing though, at a different school.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:30 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,387,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
If all goes to plan, I won't be taking any bull**** classes next fall. After I finish the boring gen ed classes like World Civilization II and Intro to Philosophy in spring, my classes will be relevant to my major. I had AP credit for a lot of the nonsense ones, so I didn't have to take them.
Nice sounds like you were a lot smarter than me pre-college lol. I wish I tried harder in school in high school honestly. It's not like I would get bad grades, but I could have done a lot better. Probably would have helped me out in my early college classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Agreed. I was a STEM student "learning" what I already knew, and taking bs classes like social studies and Spanish that were a requirement. It wasn't worth it imo. I plan on finishing though, at a different school.
Yeah, I felt like I was scammed too. I don't see why classes like Composition and College Algebra are requirements. Basically what you learn in middle/high school just in APA format (referring to Comp).

Old 09-15-2015, 10:35 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,248,819 times
Learning APA was such a waste of time.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:36 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,285,370 times
Quote:
Yeah, I felt like I was scammed too. I don't see why classes like Composition and College Algebra are requirements. Basically what you learn in middle/high school just in APA format (referring to Comp).
Oh yeah, definitely some scamming going on by all universities. There's an extreme form of cognitive dissonance in the first-year advising department at UCF. They say they want you to graduate as quickly as possible, yet stress the importance of retaking classes I took in high school. What was the point of high school if it didn't count for anything? This is obviously just a scheme to take all the tuition money they can grab.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:55 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,387,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Oh yeah, definitely some scamming going on by all universities. There's an extreme form of cognitive dissonance in the first-year advising department at UCF. They say they want you to graduate as quickly as possible, yet stress the importance of retaking classes I took in high school. What was the point of high school if it didn't count for anything? This is obviously just a scheme to take all the tuition money they can grab.
That's exactly how I feel too. It's funny people are so brainwashed by the whole thing that when you question why you have to take those classes they don't even think into it, they're just like "Eh, idk. It sucks but we just have to deal with it". It shouldn't be like that. It's such a waste of time to want something to change when so many people aren't happy with the present but are too lazy or dumb to want to do anything about it. I feel like 95% of the American public is like this....

Another thing is I feel like grand majority of people go to college because it's what is expected out of them rather than them WANTING to go there. Probably forced by parents who grew up in the 70s when it was much easier to pay for tuition and find a job. Though, not everyone obviously.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:06 AM

962 posts, read 632,676 times
Today is the day that all children in kindergarten must have turned 5 in the states of Iowa, Wyoming, and Arkansas. YAY!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather