Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 03:55 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
One of the coldest last week of October in a decade (since 2005). I am using the wood stove like it's December.

Danbury, CT (& I) have been below 50°F for 96hrs+ straight now.

Last time at 60°+ was last week!

Look at those high temps, 40s! Lows in 30s and even 20s the other day.

What a stretch... and windy to boot!

What a fluke those 70s/80s were. Last one last gasp.

The low 40s are just as anomalous as the mid and upper 70s. You have had an interesting october. Meanwhile here we have another 4 80 degree days coming up, possibly a bit more. No freeze yet but first freeze date mean is November 4 so still a bit early for it, looking at my forecast though it might not be till mid to late November till we actually see a freeze, I sure hope so. It's been a warm october, not the warmest or close to it even but definitely a warm one.

Last edited by muslim12; 10-28-2016 at 04:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 04:04 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,775,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
The low 40s are just as anomalous as the mid and upper 70s. You have had an interesting october. Meanwhile here we have another 4 80 degree days coming up, possibly a bit more. No freeze yet but first freeze date mean is November 4 so still a bit early for it, looking at my forecast though it might not be till midnight to late November we actually see a freeze, I sure hope so. It's been a warm october, not the warmest or close to it even but definitely a warm one.
I'm still not sure wtf Cambium is talking about. October so far where he lives is 4.3F ABOVE AVERAGE, yet all we see are "cold" posts from him. Yes I understand that the past three days have been a bit below average but that doesn't change an overall torch pattern that included five consecutive days more than 10F above average! It might make more sense if there was a pattern change on the way with below normal conditions on the way in but there's not...The next 16 days are forecast to be predominantly above average where he is. Anyway, I hope he addresses what I've said rather than block me like he's done to others.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:10 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
I'm still not sure wtf Cambium is talking about. October so far where he lives is 4.3F ABOVE AVERAGE, yet all we see are "cold" posts from him. Yes I understand that the past three days have been a bit below average but that doesn't change an overall torch pattern that included five consecutive days more than 10F above average! It might make more sense if there was a pattern change on the way with below normal conditions on the way in but there's not...The next 16 days are forecast to be predominantly above average where he is. Anyway, I hope he addresses what I've said rather than block me like he's done to others.
I block trolls not those who ask questions or interact with me. I answered you in the photo thread.

Last 7 days has been coldest since 2005. Why do you keep looking at the entire month as an average? You know that anomalous heat surge spiked the number up. Without that...or this past week.. its been seasonable. And even seasonable means chilly at night now.

But past 5 days temps have been December like. Use the graph to see the max and mins. Look at the beginning of the month, we were dropping to low 40s then 30s mid month..that was below normal.

And Bridgeport is right on the water so they are bit warmer at night. Danbury is only 1.8 above for the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
The low 40s are just as anomalous as the mid and upper 70s. You have had an interesting october. Meanwhile here we have another 4 80 degree days coming up, possibly a bit more. No freeze yet but first freeze date mean is November 4 so still a bit early for it, looking at my forecast though it might not be till midnight to late November we actually see a freeze, I sure hope so. It's been a warm october, not the warmest or close to it even but definitely a warm one.
Sure has been fun. I knew that heat surge was gonna be a fluke. Pattern had changed after Sept 22.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:28 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,775,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I block trolls not those who ask questions or interact with me. I answered you in the photo thread.

Last 7 days has been coldest since 2005. Why do you keep looking at the entire month as an average? You know that anomalous heat surge spiked the number up. Without that...or this past week.. its been seasonable. And even seasonable means chilly at night now.

But past 5 days temps have been December like. Use the graph to see the max and mins. Look at the beginning of the month, we were dropping to low 40s then 30s mid month..that was below normal.

And Bridgeport is right on the water so they are bit warmer at night. Danbury is only 1.8 above for the month.

Sure has been fun. I knew that heat surge was gonna be a fluke. Pattern had changed after Sept 22.
Don't you usually use BDR? The last 7 days have been less than 2F below average for Bridgeport. I understand that even above average is "chilly" this time of year where you are (Meanwhile even the coldest of coldsnaps this time of year here are only in the 50's) but that doesn't change the fact that it's still warmer than normal and should be discussed as such. This October is probably going to end up as one of the Top 10 warmest ever for Bridgeport. If January here was 80F/70F the whole month then was 65F/50F for a week it's the crazy wamth I'd be talking about, not the "cold".

Edit: Looking at NowData I see you've been above normal each of the last 19 months!!!

Last edited by AJ1013; 10-28-2016 at 04:37 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 04:37 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
What station are you using? The last 7 days have been less than 2F below average for Bridgeport. I understand that even above average is "chilly" this time of year where you are (Meanwhile even the coldest of coldsnaps this time of year here are only in the 50's) but that doesn't change the fact that it's still warmer than normal and should be discussed as such. This October is probably going to end up as one of the Top 10 warmest ever for Bridgeport. If January here was 80F/70F the whole month then was 65F/50F for a week it's the crazy wamth I'd be talking about, not the "cold".

Edit: Looking at NowData I see you've been above normal each of the last 19 months!!!
Everyone has been above normal and it won't end.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:38 PM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Month to date

Old 10-28-2016, 04:40 PM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
TORCH

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/statu...32199151419393

Old 10-28-2016, 04:45 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Don't you usually use BDR? The last 7 days have been less than 2F below average for Bridgeport. I understand that even above average is "chilly" this time of year where you are (Meanwhile even the coldest of coldsnaps this time of year here are only in the 50's) but that doesn't change the fact that it's still warmer than normal and should be discussed as such. This October is probably going to end up as one of the Top 10 warmest ever for Bridgeport. If January here was 80F/70F the whole month then was 65F/50F for a week it's the crazy wamth I'd be talking about, not the "cold".

30s and 40s and 50s isnt chilly? I dont get that, or are you trolling now? Heaters have been needed. Doesnt sound warm.

Coldest last week of October since 2005.

I think your making a mistake using an anomaly to compare to a feel?

Havent been at 60° since last week.

Yeah, 19 months in a row. Hoping November breaks that.

I am between Danbury and Bridgeport. White Plains,NY sometimes matches me.

Get it now?

Old 10-28-2016, 04:51 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
At least in Upstate NY I am sure that this April was below average, by quiet a bit too. And also lets not forget last August, last June, last July, last April, last March, last February, last Janisry, etc. Coastal Northeast Us has been above average cause of the warm Atlantic but even 100 miles inland a lot of these months were BELOW average in the Northeast. Places like Syracuse, Binghamtin, and Albany especially have gotten screwed

Old 10-28-2016, 05:00 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,494,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
At least in Upstate NY I am sure that this April was below average, by quiet a bit too. And also lets not forget last August, last June, last July, last April, last March, last February, last Janisry, etc. Coastal Northeast Us has been above average cause of the warm Atlantic but even 100 miles inland a lot of these months were BELOW average in the Northeast. Places like Syracuse, Binghamtin, and Albany especially have gotten screwed
Above average 15 of the past 16 months (counting this month) in Rochester. Only April 2016 wasn't.
If you go back to the past 19 months, 17 have been above average. June 2015 was the other below average month and that was only by 0.3 degrees.

May 2015, December 2015, and August 2016 were record warm.
May 2015, September 2015, November 2015, December 2015, July 2016, August 2016, and September 2016 were top 10.

Sorry, but your arguement doesn't really work here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather