Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 04:35 PM

699 posts, read 369,246 times

Advertisements

I'm a returning member from a few years ago. 2015 I think.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 PM

1,363 posts, read 792,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Yes. Probably still lurking though.

He can only go so long without informing everyone of his sunrise and sunset times, and the solstice is fast approaching, which makes it a pressing issue.
Can't wait till he gets a job and daylight savings rolls around, he'll be calling in sick for a week to deal with the jetlag

Old 06-16-2017, 08:22 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,604,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Can't wait till he gets a job and daylight savings rolls around, he'll be calling in sick for a week to deal with the jetlag
Owen would be jetlagged boarding at the rear vs the front of the aircraft.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:39 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,542,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Owen would be jetlagged boarding at the rear vs the front of the aircraft.
He'll take a nap and then never wake up again because of the deadly jetlag as the sun isn't in the same spot where he'd have left it.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,604,174 times
Just got home and the sun is coming up, as it always does at this time. Can't imagine what Owen must be going through right now.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:23 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Just got home and the sun is coming up, as it always does at this time. Can't imagine what Owen must be going through right now.
wow you're up late. and you got early sunrises

Old 06-17-2017, 05:55 AM

808 posts, read 711,948 times
Quote:
All the old threads have abandoned Owen relics in them!

Did anyone actually think I'd used duplicate accounts before? I assumed at least someone would've thought easthome was mine (except I know what I'm talking about).
I knew B1987 was yours, but you've never seemed like the type to sock or anything.

And as for Owen, did his GymFanatic account get banned again, or am I just looking in the wrong threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I actually had a previous account as well (dxiweodwo) that got banned for "trolling" () back in 2011, I used to get into heated arguments with wavehunter a lot back then lol. That account was created in June 2007, which would be ten years ago this month.

So technically, I've been around in these forums for ten years. What a loser.
I figured Dxi-whatever was yours; I've noticed reading old threads from those days that you've matured greatly since then. IIRC you originally liked hot summers, but then you went through a cool-summer phase before now reverting back to hot ones.

Quote:
It does!

Yeah, CC would write essays explaining how different temperatures had an effect on him lol. He would also notice the smallest changes in temperature too, he had really interesting insight and contributions to this forum.

I felt bad for her too lol, she longed for Maggie Valley, NC; Which honestly, I think she would want colder winters than that lol. Maggie Valley is a lot better than Houston to be fair.

Wavehunter was cool at first until his noticeable warm bias started coming through.
I loved CC. It's a shame he left and I hope he's still doing OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I don't think [MeteoMan is] that old. Maybe early 30s now? He made a lot of good contributions as well.
Born 31 August 1987 (age 29)

Quote:
Meteoman would argue with you even when you agreed with him lol. The guy had a bunch of loose screws.
His rants were funny, just like Galaxyman (and they're actually less than a year apart in age); I could never tell really whether they got along well or not as they seemed to go back and forth on it. MeteoMan did seem a little more passive-aggressive (as opposed to just the latter) on his 2010-13 Weatherfan2 persona, but his mind fell off the tracks somewhere in his lifetime on here. He still uses his user sandbox on Wikipedia, though; wonder if he's rejoined and just hiding, or if he left entirely in 2015.

Quote:
I hope so. I mean the guy was a kook and me and him had some arguments, but I would never wish that type of harm on anyone. I've seen people say that "Northnomad" guy is him but I really doubt it. Northnomad has significantly different preferences and style of writing.
I've seen that too, but like you I'm also not certain. Weatherfan2/MeteoMan had similar preferences to my modern-day self, just more seasonality, but Northnomad seems to like it in the cool to cold range. They both seem pretty unstable, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I lurked on this site for about 6 months before making my account. I remember I was lurking it a lot when I was in croatia, and wondering if I had passed ksolina on the street
I lurked for almost two years before I joined (started lurking in August 2014, joined April 2016), and I remember seeing you and AJ as new users. I also remember Owen's Sickandtiredofthis account (early 2015 IIRC) and the departure of MeteoMan, and even then I was always amused by Galaxyman's rants. (They're still good; he seems like the Gordon Ramsay of the board, but in a good way.)

Correct me if I'm wrong about G-Man's account progression:
SAB/Medway/Flight Simmer/Galaxyman/Galaxyman Reloaded/Full Overcast/Full Overcast Cold/BBQ King/WeberHeat/Coldfront Factory/BBQKing/BeerParty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The early users were nice but spent much of the time moaning about their climate. Or creating ridiculous, barely liveable dream climates. I'd say the peak of the forum was around 2012-13 or so. More users and enough to keep the seasonal discussions active plus a lot of topics still felt fresh. Then the forum got overwhelmed by polls and then some of the interesting weather discussions often tapered down. I'd like to go through the best threads at some point. Many users got less active, too
I'd say 2012-14 was the peak of the forum too; now CC and others have left or become severely inactive, and now the place is overrun by silly newb questions, repetitive poll threads and people who make 90% of their posts in them, and semi-civil discussions about palm trees. I also seem to have unpopular climatic (and political) opinions both here and in real life, and in general the City-Data forum is a hotbed for stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
More representation and inclusion of different cultures. When I meant TV I meant popular TV channels. TV shows, even the supposedly more "progressive" ones like Girls or Sex and the City tend to be really whitewashed. Many of these shows take place in NYC which is an extremely diverse place if you've been there, it doesn't look anything like you see on Friends or Sex in the City. Or if the TV shows do focus on minorities it's usually an all-black or an all-Asian show, you typically don't see diverse casts on popular TV. Netflix shows on the other hand seem to incorporate people of all different ethnicities, which is really nice to see
Why does it matter what race people are, in TV shows or otherwise? If you're truly not racist, it wouldn't even matter to you either way.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:25 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post

I'd say 2012-14 was the peak of the forum too; now CC and others have left or become severely inactive, and now the place is overrun by silly newb questions, repetitive poll threads and people who make 90% of their posts in them, and semi-civil discussions about palm trees. I also seem to have unpopular climatic (and political) opinions both here and in real life, and in general the City-Data forum is a hotbed for stupidity.
I did look up more details of my weather; posted more on recent temperatures and dewpoints. I still try to make comments about fronts and storms and anything I find interesting about them as much as I can; just don't go through sites to get more data quite as much. I think others don't as much except for Cambium and chicagogeorge.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:17 AM

1,363 posts, read 792,131 times
Last I heard of ColdCanadian was that he was living in Townsville, Australia, and found the climate too cold

I enjoyed RIchardW/Weatherfan/Meteoman's posts, some of his outbursts were plain epic, and he wasn't afraid to put people in their place, particularly owenc, he never minced his words and I respected him for that. He was a breath of fresh air in a (cyber and real) world dragged down by "family Friendly" PC sugercoated BS cancer. Infact, I have some of his rants screencapped. I did have a run in with him at one time though but eventually we settled. I think he did have some mental issues going by some of his posts and his profile blog, hopefully if he was in a bad place he found help to sort it out. Honestly I would love to see the guy back.

Owenc's latest account is all of his trademark infantile bitching but none of the amusement.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:54 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,927,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Last I heard of ColdCanadian was that he was living in Townsville, Australia, and found the climate too cold

I enjoyed RIchardW/Weatherfan/Meteoman's posts, some of his outbursts were plain epic, and he wasn't afraid to put people in their place, particularly owenc, he never minced his words and I respected him for that. He was a breath of fresh air in a (cyber and real) world dragged down by "family Friendly" PC sugercoated BS cancer. Infact, I have some of his rants screencapped. I did have a run in with him at one time though but eventually we settled. I think he did have some mental issues going by some of his posts and his profile blog, hopefully if he was in a bad place he found help to sort it out. Honestly I would love to see the guy back.

Owenc's latest account is all of his trademark infantile bitching but none of the amusement.
I think the problem is that Owen'a basically an adult now, yet we still want him to be an argumentative stuck up kid. When in reality he's now just a cranky old man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather