Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 05:36 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,514,381 times

Advertisements

Is van der Junter better in Dutch or English then if you don't speak Dutch so well?

Old 05-07-2017, 05:36 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,619,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Okay, granted all Scousers look the same but apart from that are there really any real differences in looks between English people?

As for myself, I'd pass for anything between Austrian and Swedish. I have some Bavarian genes, but that's way back, but still I look very German...
Generally there are more blondes in the east, and more pasty gingers further north and west. The Welsh and SW England tend to look more tanned with dark hair and eyes.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:43 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,625,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Is van der Junter better in Dutch or English then if you don't speak Dutch so well?
Dutch of course. Although I speak perfect English, don't I?

Pls stop talking about me I don't like to be the center of attention. This is the 4th page in a row.

My time to make questions. Lommaren:

- How do you look? How tall are you?
- Color of skin, typical stereotypical ultrawhite Swedish or a normal European? Hair and eyes?
- Which Spanish football team do you prefer
- Are the Canaries the paradise? (remember that in the same island you have La Laguna, extremely humid almost jungle looking subtropical landscapes and deserts plus semi-arid tropical climates) For anyone skeptic, tropical because the mean in the coldest month is above 18ºC so that meets the tropical threshold. Although it's not tropical for the lack of rain in those places where are +18ºC in the coldest month.
- Would you move now to Cádiz if someone offers you a 1.500€ net job per month (plus 2 extra payments of another 2 full wages, one in June and another in December, as it's by law in Spain )

In 12 months that would make a net wage of 1.750€

Old 05-07-2017, 05:46 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,453,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Yes, me too. Like I said in southern Spain you can find Irish looking people (and it's not very rare), although in the north is a bit bigger prevalence, but still not very noticeable.

Italy is another world. Many people from Sicily for example look totally like Maghrebis (northern arabs), with very olive skin and totally black hair.

Meanwhile the italians under the Alps look the same as the people from Switzerland... crazy world this one, huh?
That's an exaggeration. Southern Italians are closest to Greeks. Nothing too exceptional about Sicilians either. In fact, they're slightly lighter than Calabrese on average.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:46 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,933,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Dutch of course. Although I speak perfect English, don't I?

Pls stop talking about me I don't like to be the center of attention. This is the 4th page in a row.

My time to make questions. Lommaren:

- How do you look? How tall are you?
- Color of skin, typical stereotypical ultrawhite Swedish or a normal European? Hair and eyes?
- Which Spanish football team do you prefer
- Are the Canaries the paradise? (remember that in the same island you have La Laguna, extremely humid almost jungle looking subtropical landscapes and deserts plus semi-arid tropical climates) For anyone skeptic, tropical because the mean in the coldest month is above 18ºC so that meets the tropical threshold. Although it's not tropical for the lack of rain in those places where are +18ºC in the coldest month.
- Would you move now to Cádiz if someone offers you a 1.500€ net job per month (plus 2 extra payments of another 2 full wages, one in June and another in December, as it's by law in Spain )
Junter's now offering to relocate people to Spain

Old 05-07-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Junter's now offering to relocate people to Spain
you discovered me

www.eljuntertours.es/tourism-board

www.fromrotterdamtoalteain1day.es

www.livingthespanishdream.com

Old 05-07-2017, 05:52 AM

7,220 posts, read 3,106,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
That's an exaggeration. Southern Italians are closest to Greeks. Nothing too exceptional about Sicilians either. In fact, they're slightly lighter than Calabrese on average.
Sicilians are little lighter than Calabrese on average probably because of Norman influence.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:56 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,446,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Bellov View Post
Northern and Southern Spaniards do not look too different to me, unlike them Southern and Northern Italians are very different people.
Not again... don't we have enough discussion like this one on the Europe Forum?

Old 05-07-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I don't think I was exaggerating bro. Northern Maghrebis aren't very dark.

When you seek sicilian men in Google amongst the first results you can see this photo:

Old 05-07-2017, 06:07 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,933,764 times
Saxonwold would love this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather