Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 07:14 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,384,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
SFX is an idiot, attention to him you need not pay (Yoda voice).
Give me a shout out damn it.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:40 PM

1,363 posts, read 793,194 times
Man I am hungover, bloody hell. I only drank 6 Becks cans and some wine. WTF? I have to drive to the shops to get some beer and some meat, but I have to wait until the afternoon to make sure I am not over the legal limit.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:42 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,932,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Man I am hungover, bloody hell. I only drank 6 Becks cans and some wine. WTF? I have to drive to the shops to get some beer and some meat, but I have to wait until the afternoon to make sure I am not over the legal limit.
Becoming a lightweight, you must resort to hair of the dog.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Becoming a lightweight, you must resort to hair of the dog.
Bugger that I'm just gonna get high again. All or nothing!

Old 06-23-2017, 07:45 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,932,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
Bugger that I'm just gonna get high again. All or nothing!
Exactly, hair of the dog. Ie. Get high again!

Old 06-23-2017, 11:52 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,344,934 times
I was thinking about it, and I realize how annoying consumerism is. The society is pushing you to save up and buy a house and then buy useless crap for that house. Like I honestly don't give a single **** about spending money on televisions, expensive fashion, furniture, cars, etc. All I wanna spend money on is traveling, coffee, exotic cuisines, and weed. I dont wanna save up for no damn house, I wanna save up for blunts, lattes, and croissants. And travels to other places of course

GET HIGH AND **** YO COUCH

Old 06-24-2017, 01:57 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,513,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I speak some Portuguese since my dad lived in Brazil from 1966 until 1971 so he knows a lot and I somewhat picked it up from him. I understand the grand majority of words though, probably about 80% or so. I'd do fine if I were to go to Portugal or Brazil.

Italian is a bit tougher, but I understand a lot of it, probably about 50% or so. I only a know a few words though I would love to learn it, Portuguese also. German, Russian and Swedish are other languages that I wouldn't mind learning, as ugly as German sounds.

Is there a lot of cultural ties between Germany and Sweden?
Yeah Swedish is the beautiful-sounding version of German pretty much No actually we're much less similar to Germans than people think, both in terms of culture and language, but we're still very culturally intelligible. In the central Nordics (Sweden and Norway) we're a hybrid between Germany and Finland culture-wise.

As for the language Swedish and German aren't mutually intelligible unless you're a very smart cookie and then it becomes 20 % intelligible without studies It's much more similar to Swedish than English though and therefore it'd been easier for us to learn fluent German with a similar effort from a similar age. Take this for example:

bana-bahn-track
fred-friede-peace
svart-schwarz-black

So yeah, they're massively related!

As for Italian that language is so frustrating because it's clearly the easiest Roman language for a Swede to learn, relatively simple grammar and pronounciation and a lot of our words derive directly from Latin instead of French, so much of it is straightforward. Then Italians open their mouths and yeah. I only studied it for a year though in a 30 + pupil class so it wasn't the ideal environment. Therefore my Italian is much worse than it should be! Spanish on the other hand is a complete mess to me as is French

As for nei's comment to even compare speaking Spanish in South Florida with its history to speak Somali and Arabic in Sweden is... laughable. Children of Hispanic immigrants in Sweden never speak Spanish in public because the norms are that in Sweden we speak Swedish. Unfortunately the jackass politican South Stockholm leftist-brigade have decided to ruin this country but that doesn't mean I'll have to accept this.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:39 AM

Finally I can get high again and kill this hangover once and for all.

I went to the shops to get some food and beer and waited until around 5:30pm with the assumption that there would not be that many people and all the deads**ts would have retired home for the night. How wrong was I...

Firstly, the joint was FULL of goddamn people, most of them derelicts, drug addicts, asian backpackers and indians that never heard of a shower before and ofcourse all of them DERPING around the meat section where I want to go flapping their mouths to each other, not a f**king care in the world. Then the deli section, **** me, full of people and Adi was there stinking up the joint while waiting and waiting and waiting while the single fat employee there bumbles around like a helium balloon while her equally fat sidekick is there twiddling her thumbs I'm starting to RAGE SWEAT like nothing else Eventually... EVENTUALLY, she calls my number and asks me what I want..... from the other ****ing side of the room. I tell here to come here so I don't have to shout halfway across the room, I tell her I want 300g of bacon, she grabs a whole ****ing load, 660g on the scale and she begins to ring it up. "I asked for 300g please".

The when I get out I try to cross the parking lot, and some ****ing moron in a van stops and starts reversing gradually in slow motion not knowing what da **** its doing **** you while I'm waiting for it to **** off oh my god

And also WHAT IS IT WITH CASHIERS INVITING YOU TO THE CHECKOUT WHILE THE PERSON IN FRONT IS STILL DERPING AROUND WITH THEIR BLOODY PURSES AND COINS AND CARDS AND ****. WAIT TILL THEY'RE GONE FFS.

GAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWDD

Old 06-24-2017, 06:58 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,579,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
As for nei's comment to even compare speaking Spanish in South Florida with its history to speak Somali and Arabic in Sweden is... laughable. Children of Hispanic immigrants in Sweden never speak Spanish in public because the norms are that in Sweden we speak Swedish. Unfortunately the jackass politican South Stockholm leftist-brigade have decided to ruin this country but that doesn't mean I'll have to accept this.
I don't know much about Swedish values, obviously, but my guess of why children of hispanic immigrants in Swedish don't speak Spanish in public is there aren't many of them so immigrant children don't keep their parent's language much, not enough exposure rather than anything about norms [assuming it's not just your norm]. In the US, I think a decent amount of children of immigrants or at least their grandparents will become as monolingual as most Americans.

When did I ever say anything about Sweden? Or make a specific comparison? Other than "I get offended by hearing other languages". I was thinking of immigrant American posters and their families... You think Alex or anyone similar would change his habits if elsewhere in the country? Warwarza? Most common among immigrants who grew up here is talk in their parent's language among relatives wherever they want, people their age, mix but more often English. This is common sense and fairly rude and nosy to care about how strangers talk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Hell yeah! And if anyone ever scorns me for speaking Spanish in public, I'll cuss them out real quick in perfect English.
Also hard to take anything you say about immigration when you write attitudes like that.

Last edited by nei; 06-24-2017 at 08:03 AM..

Old 06-24-2017, 07:01 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,359,599 times
Life is so meaningless, said the depressed guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather