Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 01:08 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times

Advertisements

Tory MPs at a 1922 Committee meeting told May that she had misjudged the public mood on austerity.

One thing to remember is that many of the 'just getting by' voters May was targeting during the election campaign will probably support Corybn's economic policies, and will also support his more Eurosceptic stance on the EU. These are the people to benefit most from state spending, and the only reason they might have been swayed to vote Tory was their stance on Brexit and immigration. They're not going to be enthusiastic about a party that wants to cut the services they use.

More middle-class people are less concerned about this because they are less reliant on public services, but the Tories nevertheless managed to lose a lot of support from this group as well.

The Tories are good at learning from their mistakes. They will no doubt change their tone and adapt to what the public want to hear.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:08 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
Just seen him ranting and raving on the news. Sick of him.
He still thinks he won the election. I feel sorry for him.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:09 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I use this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Use IMGUR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Can't you use a hosting site, like Tinypic or Photobucket?
I've tried hosting sites before, but every thing was really slow -might have to try again.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:10 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,990 times
Quote:
He still thinks he won the election. I feel sorry for him.
Yeah I know.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Tory MPs at a 1922 Committee meeting told May that she had misjudged the public mood on austerity.

One thing to remember is that many of the 'just getting by' voters May was targeting during the election will probably support Corybn's economic policies, and will also support his more Eurosceptic stance on the EU. These are the people to benefit most from state spending, of course.
The public are growing tired of austerity, but if she ran on the 2015 manifesto she would have extended her majority. It was just an awful campaign full of bloopers and cancerous policy proposals.

The wheels came off when she came to my village and made the U-turn on the Dementia Tax

Old 06-28-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
The public are growing tired of austerity, but if she ran on the 2015 manifesto she would have extended her majority. It was just an awful campaign full of bloopers and cancerous policy proposals.

The wheels came off when she came to my village and made the U-turn on the Dementia Tax
She might have done, though I think a lot of the Tories' success in 2015 was down to Cameron himself being very charismatic and having a way with words that May simply doesn't possess. May built herself as 'strong and stable' and the U-turns and insistence that 'nothing had changed' completely destroyed that.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:13 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,506,777 times
The problem is that you have to be really thick to believe Corbyn's ideas would actually work in the real world. He's dangerous and the PLP needs to continue to fight him instead of following the fake news narrative that Corbyn is now a winner...

Old 06-28-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
She might have done, though I think a lot of the Tories' success in 2015 was down to Cameron himself being very charismatic and having a way with words that May simply doesn't possess.
Cameron stiff comes across a toff, but was definitely better at PR than May. She's like a robot. Good at politicking in Westminster, poor at reaching out to the public.

People are calling May's campaign the worst they've seen by a major party, but there's no doubt that the manifesto was junk. She was playing with fire by needlessly including crap like Fox Hunting in there

Old 06-28-2017, 01:16 PM

13,485 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Corbyn has completely put me off Labour Not that the Conservatives are great or anything, but he is just an absolute ****. And I hate the way he has politicised the Grenfell Tower fire...

Old 06-28-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Cameron stiff comes across a toff, but was definitely better at PR than May. She's like a robot. Good at politicking in Westminster, poor at reaching out to the public.

People are calling May's campaign the worst they've seen by a major party, but there's no doubt that the manifesto was junk. She was playing with fire by needlessly including crap like Fox Hunting in there
She probably thought she could get away with it because of her huge polling lead, but it didn't work.

Still, the manifesto itself isn't so much the problem, more the way the media reacts to it. Most people never read party manifestos, but they do read newspaper headlines. 'Dementia tax' stuck like superglue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Corbyn has completely put me off Labour Not that the Conservatives are great or anything, but he is just an absolute ****. And I hate the way he has politicised the Grenfell Tower fire...
But again, it works. This is how you win votes. The Tories are experts on winning - and they often play dirty to do so.

And let's be honest - the Grenfell tower fire was always going to be political. No way it couldn't be. People were always going to point fingers at the borough council, and the MPs who voted down fire safety regulations. The Tories would do the exact same thing if Labour had been in government at the time.

Expecting such an event not to be politicised is the kind of naive mentality right-wingers usually accuse left-wingers of, lol.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 06-28-2017 at 01:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.