Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the best climate?
Spain 67 55.37%
California 54 44.63%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:09 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
No worries lol, all we were tryimg to say is that that's why we could tell that you're "gareth".

anyway, here's how I would probably say the sentance you suggested in spanish:

"Mas temprano hoy yo visto muchos nubles pero ahora estas soleando" (mangled I know)

Close, a correct way of saying it would be "Thanks, I wasn't able to find that page doing a simple google search"
ok was funny to read that

Hoy observaba el tiempo en Altea cuando me dí cuenta de que era un día soleado, sin embargo ahora está nublado.

100% native form to say it. Btw that was my phrase. Yours would be: Anteriormente vi muchas nubes pero ahora está soleado. Más temprano wouldn't be used in this phrase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 08:12 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,775,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

Hoy observaba el tiempo en Altea cuando me dí cuenta de que era un día soleado, sin embargo ahora está nublado.

100% native form to say it.
Now you understand what we're saying. I understand what you said (there in spamish) and you understood what I said even though my version was obviously not as correct or well written as yours.

I did intentionally leave out the but about watching the weather an being in Altea though. I was trying to translate "Even though it was overcast earlier it's cleared up nicely and is sunny now"

Old 05-11-2017, 08:16 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,775,010 times
Quote:

100% native form to say it. Btw that was my phrase. Yours would be: Anteriormente vi muchas nubes pero ahora está soleado. Más temprano wouldn't be used in this phrase.
Exactly, even though it's technically okay (mas temprano means earlier) it doesn't work the way I used it. You're mistakes in english are very similar to that.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Now you understand what we're saying. I understand what you said (there in spamish) and you understood what I said even though my version was obviously not as correct or well written as yours.
Bro but I wrote it better unless in that phrase with the Google thing. Which is your Spanish level? The levels are basic, A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2, native. In English I am C1 at the moment.

nubles is like saying coluds or coduls instead of clouds (is nubes, without the l) soleando is like if you say "soleing", it has a relationship with suela (sole) rather than with the sun. It's soleado alone.

Quote:
I was trying to translate "Even though it was overcast earlier it's cleared up nicely and is sunny now"
Oh ok, that's different.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:30 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Junter can you say this in English?

"Hoy el dia esta nublado, como siempre, porque el clima de Binghamton es pelotudo y es pura miercoles. El clima de Valencia es mucho mas chevere"

Old 05-11-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post

"Hoy el dia esta nublado, como siempre, porque el clima de Binghamton es pelotudo y es pura miercoles. El clima de Valencia es mucho mas chevere"
Ok, that's definetly too Argentinian for me.

I know that pelotudo means something related to idiot if you say it to someone, but I really don't know what pelotudo means in a phrase like that. I'll use crap instead, ok?

Pura Miércoles wouldn't be said, it's Miércoles alone. Is like if you say purely Wednesday. Chevere is like good, right?

Here you go: Today was a cloudy day, as always, because the climate of Binghamton is a crap and it's Wednesday. The climate of Valencia is much better.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:15 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post

I don't speak spanish, but knowing Italian makes this sentence almost transparent...

Old 05-12-2017, 11:46 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth100 View Post
Shilling? were you born while the currency of the British empires was the Shilling? i was too small when that happened i wrote no more than 2 or 3 posts on this thread, but be my guest!
I think just about everybody on the site is now convinced that you're Junter

I don't know who you are, but it's obvious that you're a troll account.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:48 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Are you crazy?!?

If you support Spain rather than California you are my clone!!!

Actually 39 people are my clones, specially those well known c-d users which commented that they prefer Spain.
I can't prove anything but if you are genuinely creating numerous accounts just to fix an online poll on CD, then you are completely insane

Old 05-12-2017, 11:49 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Gareth is British. Junter lives in Spain. If Gareth is Junter, that means that he must live in Spain too. A British man living in Spain with the name Gareth, does that sound familiar? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Bale

We're on to you, Mr. Bale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather