Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 01:50 AM

612 posts, read 1,843,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar77 View Post
It's odd, but there seems to an interesting common thread with some of these posts. It seems to me, if the worst weather is the PNW, you're basing it on some rain and cloudy days. True, we have them. But you're talking about parts of these states. Thats why we're so green. Year around. Oregon and Washington both have beautiful deserts too.

My point is: I'm pretty sure if my home was blown away by a tornado, or flooded over repeatedly by water that takes weeks to recede- I may become depressed. If I lived under threats of hurricane, snow up to my butt, ice storms with freezing temps so bad people die, I again may become depressed. If I lived in a bright sunny climate that required me to have air conditioning for survival, or made me stay indoors because of the threat of heat stroke-- Yes, that could be depressing . Then there is the matter of dust storms, humidity, filthy air (caused by a combo of pollution and weather), hail, and flash flood-- well, I wouldn't be happy there either.

So far I haven't seen the best state yet. But to use SAD as an excuse in Oregon and Washington because it rains in some areas, cannot in my mind come close to the sadness, and loss of life and property some other folks have had to suffer in other parts of the country.

That being said, I'd really like to see the best state for weather. Because if I have to move out of here because of the economy, I'd like to move there!
I'd say in parts of Cali... yes earthquakes but how often do you hear about a huge earthquake happening?? That is the only place I can think of. That's for weather. As for the economy, well that's a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,903 times
Iowa, hands down. Freakishly hot summers, and miserable winters. Weather changes on a whim. Last winter it went from -45 one day to 25 the next day. Plus we get tornados, floods, and the black plague.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx985 View Post
Iowa, hands down. Freakishly hot summers, and miserable winters. Weather changes on a whim. Last winter it went from -45 one day to 25 the next day. Plus we get tornados, floods, and the black plague.
The Black Plague, huh? SO, I have a neighbor with a good sense of humor. Unfortunately, it gets colder here then in Iowa. No. Dak. and northern Mn. get VERY cold. But I hear ya~Iowa's climate is far from ideal.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:55 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Any state that gets hotter than here for a longer period of time.

Any state that gets as hot as here for a similar length of time, but also gets freakishly cold in the winter (-20+ with feet of snow at a time). I like cold weather, but if the summer is no cooler than Tennessee's, what's the point?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:32 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaDLai View Post
New Jersey anybody??? I'm reading the weather reports on msn.
Triple yuck LOL
Linda
Hey, I love the weather here in New Jersey!

Then again, I enjoy cloudy, cool, and rainy weather...which we've had A LOT of this year. There were even quite a few days in the summer where temperatures were in the 60s with rain. Even upper 50s one day.

Despite all the rain and snow we've had so far this season, it has been a beautiful fall. Plenty of days with sunshine and temperatures in the 50s and 60s. Yesterday was sunny and 55. Doesn't get much better than that.

Although the weather can be rough in any state, every state does have some very nice days...even places like North Dakota, Florida, or Arizona.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

Then again, I enjoy cloudy, cool, and rainy weather...which we've had A LOT of this year. There were even quite a few days in the summer where temperatures were in the 60s with rain. Even upper 50s one day.

Despite all the rain and snow we've had so far this season, it has been a beautiful fall. Plenty of days with sunshine and temperatures in the 50s and 60s. Yesterday was sunny and 55. Doesn't get much better than that.

Although the weather can be rough in any state, every state does have some very nice days...even places like North Dakota, Florida, or Arizona.
That's true. Also, different people have different ideas of what a nice day is. I think places like Florida and Arizona have a lot of nice days, while someone else might think North Dakota has a lot of nice days.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:12 PM

122 posts, read 412,528 times
Oregon probably has the worst weather always raining.

Minnesota,Michigan,upstate New York,North&South Dakota etc, have nice weather because you get all four seasons Spring,Summer,Fall,Winter.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:16 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,020,382 times
States with the worst weather based on my climatic knowledge:

North Dakota, Minnesota, Alaska, northern Montana.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:04 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

Do you live in Northwest New Jersey? Its often cooler there than in the other parts of New Jersey. Did you guys get the 9-day heat wave we (NYC/Long Island) got in August lol?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:25 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Do you live in Northwest New Jersey? Its often cooler there than in the other parts of New Jersey. Did you guys get the 9-day heat wave we (NYC/Long Island) got in August lol?
Yeah it is cooler here. As you're probably aware, it could be raining in the city while we're getting a snow storm here!

Although it wasn't technically a heat wave, we did have a good streak of days with temperatures in the upper 80s. And the humidity was unbearable! That was the only week of summer we had all year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather