Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 02:19 PM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times

Advertisements

All but the GFS Operational are seeing resurging warmth for the Midwest/Great Lakes and Northeast in the 10-15 day. What tells me that we will get shots of heat is what is starting to take place over Texas. Big time heat coming for the Lone Star state.

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 02:27 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
I'm looking forward to the cooler pattern the next 2 weeks, can definitely use a break from July. Though would like some more warmth later in August

Old 08-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I'm looking forward to the cooler pattern the next 2 weeks, can definitely use a break from July. Though would like some more warmth later in August
Not me. They'll be plenty of cool temps as we progress into autumn.

85F at ORD 84F at MDW and 82F here at 4pm under mostly sunny skies

Old 08-06-2019, 04:51 PM

3,170 posts, read 1,270,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Google is a multinational corporation with the smartest people in the world working for it they do not pull anything out of their ass unlike your goat herding Turkish met agency . Also gole has never hit -20c even
Google is based on unofficial weather websites.

And when I was in Göle this winter, I put my liquid thermometer outside, it was showing -30°C. I posted the photo of it above. I took the photo.

Göle is damn colder than Ardahan. Been to both places in winter and seen it. Why is it so hard for you to get it through your head? Why?

I've been to the provincial capitals around. Ardahan, Kars, Erzurum.

Everywhere felt really warm after Göle. I am the one who is turkish and have been to that geography in winter. Why can't you just shut up? Why?

Google didnt come to Göle and put a weather station. What you are saying is nonsense. As I said Google is based on unofficial weather websites and it shows temps for just about any place that has a name. Bull****.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 08-06-2019 at 05:54 PM..

Old 08-06-2019, 07:10 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
I hope the Pacific Northwest has its coldest winter on record this year, they’ve earned it after getting to bask in among the warmest winters on modern record the last several years. Too bad that blob in the northern Pacific Ocean is back with a vengeance, and that can only mean one thing for people in the Midwest and plains, potentially another damn winter of record shattering cold. It’s a shame I have to go back to that continental cesspool Indianapolis and endure yet another potentially record cold winter, the Midwest can’t buy any sort of sustained warmth during summer these past several years, god forbid that those forecasters on YouTube are right on the money about the winter of 2019/2020 being record cold in the Midwest while sparing all the other regions of the continental United States from those hideous arctic outbreaks or at the least the worst of the arctic outbreakswhy can’t the polar vortex afflict some other region of the planet besides the Midwest?

Last edited by Isleofpalms85; 08-06-2019 at 07:18 PM..

Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 PM

Euro really forecasting a major heatwave in week 3

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/statu...51476518838272

And keeps the warmth going into September

https://twitter.com/ericfisher/statu...09565790228481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I hope the Pacific Northwest has its coldest winter on record this year, they’ve earned it after getting to bask in among the warmest winters on modern record the last several years. Too bad that blob in the northern Pacific Ocean is back with a vengeance, and that can only mean one thing for people in the Midwest and plains, potentially another damn winter of record shattering cold. It’s a shame I have to go back to that continental cesspool Indianapolis and endure yet another potentially record cold winter, the Midwest can’t buy any sort of sustained warmth during summer these past several years, god forbid that those forecasters on YouTube are right on the money about the winter of 2019/2020 being record cold in the Midwest while sparing all the other regions of the continental United States from those hideous arctic outbreaks or at the least the worst of the arctic outbreakswhy can’t the polar vortex afflict some other region of the planet besides the Midwest?

It's too early to tell what this winter will be like. More then likely neutral or weak La Nina ENSO and then there are multiple other teleconnections that you need to look at that do not have much of a lead time. Right now the Euro is showing basically a above normal to a blow torch this winter for much of the country and North America as a whole. But beware. This could just be a warm bias in the model. When Alaska is that above normal usually that means colder down here

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/1158402896750415877

Old 08-07-2019, 04:12 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,222,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Were is the record wet Aug you said i would have? Only .30" so far.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:18 AM

Temps at 4am mostly in the mid to upper 60s

https://twitter.com/AndyAvalosNBC5/s...32617083330560

First week of August we've had 81% of our possible sunshine. Tom Skilling from WGN says we'll be back to around 90 degrees by the Sunday and Monday. NWS/Chicago keeps us in the mid to upper 80s over the weekend.

https://twitter.com/Skilling/status/1158952850849959936

https://twitter.com/NWSChicago/statu...43884347011072

Old 08-07-2019, 06:26 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,265,276 times
Well, not a surprise. What was a 70% chance of rain yesterday ended up with just sunshine all day long. We need rain! There's a slight chance tomorrow afternoon so fingers crossed!

Old 08-07-2019, 11:19 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
No rain Shane in Fort Worth Texas, as a matter of fact, it’s been almost a whole month since the last substantial rainfall in my area of the DFW metroplex, every rain event since July 10th has done little more than to wet the pavement, it would not surprise me if the updated drought monitor in the next week or two shows the DFW metroplex as being abnormally dry or in a mild drought, as there is no rain in the forecast for at least the next week in Fort Worth Texas, as well as high temperatures in the upper 90’s or lower 100’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather