Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 06:15 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,932,489 times

Advertisements

4 40 degree mornings in a row here. LOVING it. 49,48,46,48 the last 4 mornings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 07:24 PM

5,043 posts, read 4,367,898 times
Got a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon which gave me 0.45" of rain. Up to just 0.81 for the month... The airport is doing a little better with 1.23" for month to date. Decent chances remain tomorrow and Wednesday with approaching front. This front should lower humidity a bit.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:47 PM

855 posts, read 776,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Weird even we rarely drop to 47 in August.
The Pacific really stabilizes things.. It must be around 60 degrees currently, it would be hard for temps to drop to 47 though I guess theoretically it could happen with an exceptionally cold northern air mass combined with offshore flow.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:15 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,978,430 times
We're getting some severe thunderstorm conditions right now. A friend a couple miles south of me sustained minor apartment damage, and some people experienced power flickers. But conditions were worse farther north in the metro.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:10 AM

3,203 posts, read 1,307,446 times
Göle had a low of 4.4°C yesterday, which was the lowest temperature recorded in Turkey yesterday while Cizre had a high of 43.6°C yesterday, which was the highest temperature recorded in Turkey yesterday.

Cizre had highs of 43.6°C both yesterday and previous day.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:51 AM

83,617 posts, read 75,647,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I'm a bit of an anomaly, as I'm in the high part of the ozarks, far northern Arkansas. I traveled south an hour today and the temperature was 12 degrees higher than where I live. My temps are always some of the coolest in the state.

Good idea being where you are then. While it gets warm/hot in summer, its not as hot as points south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Nasty day here. Low 70s with almost constant misty rain.
Misty rain is the worst!! A little cooler and it would of passed for October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
4 40 degree mornings in a row here. LOVING it. 49,48,46,48 the last 4 mornings

WOW! That should help kick the foliage into gear. I don't see any more heat coming either.(85+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
The Pacific really stabilizes things.. It must be around 60 degrees currently, it would be hard for temps to drop to 47 though I guess theoretically it could happen with an exceptionally cold northern air mass combined with offshore flow.

Yeah, that's the thing, I learned it's not mostly about the Pacific (which is an influencer) but it's the pattern. Reason why there are stable climates out West is because there are less pushes south of the Jet stream over the Pacific ocean/western US vs central/eastern U.S, that's why the Pacific allows to keep the west coast stable. I'm sure you've seen how the Western U.S gets below normal where the pacific doesn't have that "stable" influence. I say its more about the pattern on average than the actual ocean. Maybe 70/30

Old 08-27-2019, 04:53 AM

83,617 posts, read 75,647,164 times
Current Map this morning. A lot going on.

• Stacked Low over Southern Canada.
  • Cut off Low over Nova Scotia
  • Dorian about to hit Florida
  • Tropical Depression 6 should stay off the east coast but may interact with the cold front coming across
  • Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska below normal
  • Texas and southwest above normal

Copyright © 2019 Cambium

Old 08-27-2019, 05:00 AM

30,529 posts, read 21,420,929 times
Getting real dry again in my area as no real rain for a week almost.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:09 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,932,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Getting real dry again in my area as no real rain for a week almost.
You're about to get hit with a strong tropical storm/weak hurricane....

Old 08-27-2019, 08:26 AM

855 posts, read 776,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Yeah, that's the thing, I learned it's not mostly about the Pacific (which is an influencer) but it's the pattern. Reason why there are stable climates out West is because there are less pushes south of the Jet stream over the Pacific ocean/western US vs central/eastern U.S, that's why the Pacific allows to keep the west coast stable. I'm sure you've seen how the Western U.S gets below normal where the pacific doesn't have that "stable" influence. I say its more about the pattern on average than the actual ocean. Maybe 70/30
Yeah absolutely. The Atlantic can be very warm late into the fall but it isn’t always moderating because the atmospheric pattern often brings continental air right over the east coast. Another case in point: East Asia and Russia are also on the Pacific but far less stable. There’s nothing special about the Pacific, but because of the atmospheric pattern west coasts of continents are always stabilized by the ocean to their west. Western Europe too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather