Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 12:19 PM

376 posts, read 240,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
Beijing or Harbin.

I'll go with Harbin as Beijing has pretty hot summers.
Yep it was Beijing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 11:06 PM

650 posts, read 450,791 times
.Seems about right. Beijing is like that. I guess I will try next.

This climate is a classic four season climate. Cold winters and hot summers. Pretty evenly balanced. The winters are cold, but typically don't see anything too extreme. Some years might see arctic outbreaks and the wind chills can get down to colder than -40 at the worst. Those are only the record breaking years though. Snow cover isn't too realible some years, but you can expect 35 to 40 inches most years. Springs are cool to warm with some snow in March, but little in April typically. Thunderstorms are very common in the warm months and severe weather creeps up into the city sometimes. May is a warm month that leads straight into summer. Summers are hot and somewhat humid. During the worst heat waves the heat index can soar to over 120F/49C, but that is only the record worst. Some summers can be pretty mild with only a few hot days and mostly are filled with pleasantly warm days. Fall is typically the best time of year to most people. Lots of mild and cool crisp days with virtually no chance of snow in October and few if any snowfalls in November.

Last edited by Neptunepenguins; 07-01-2019 at 11:21 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 12:10 AM

152 posts, read 96,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunepenguins View Post
.Seems about right. Beijing is like that. I guess I will try next.

This climate is a classic four season climate. Cold winters and hot summers. Pretty evenly balanced. The winters are cold, but typically don't see anything too extreme. Some years might see arctic outbreaks and the wind chills can get down to colder than -40 at the worst. Those are only the record breaking years though. Snow cover isn't too realible some years, but you can expect 35 to 40 inches most years. Springs are cool to warm with some snow in March, but little in April typically. Thunderstorms are very common in the warm months and severe weather creeps up into the city sometimes. May is a warm month that leads straight into summer. Summers are hot and somewhat humid. During the worst heat waves the heat index can soar to over 120F/49C, but that is only the record worst. Some summers can be pretty mild with only a few hot days and mostly are filled with pleasantly warm days. Fall is typically the best time of year to most people. Lots of mild and cool crisp days with virtually no chance of snow in October and few if any snowfalls in November.
That sounds like Chicago or Detroit.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:58 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,604,174 times
I was thinking Chicago, but really it could be anywhere in the NE quadrant of the US.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:05 AM

Omaha?
Edit: Thinking more about it, this might actually be somewhere in southern New England because you mentioned fall being the best time of year and the region is famous for the fall colours. So, I'm thinking its Boston now.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:22 AM

Yes I was trying to describe Chicago. Although, I suppose some of the other cities could be like that, but I put those windchills and heat waves in there to make it seem more obvious. Referencing the 1995 heat wave yeah.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:58 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,900,469 times
Okay, not my city (Erie):

This climate is a 4-season one that is a Dfb. Summers are among the sunniest in the region despite its reputation and rainfall year round (on average) is lower than other cities in the particular part of the country this climate is in. Springtime is likely to see both snow and rain and has considerable seasonal lag. Winters are not particularly cold--average temperatures hover around 31 F (-0.4 C) for highs but snowfall is significant and reliable with an average of 95" (241 cm) annually. This climate is known for periodic heavy snowfalls where several feet of snow fall within a short time span. Fall is the rainiest season.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
Okay, not my city (Erie):

This climate is a 4-season one that is a Dfb. Summers are among the sunniest in the region despite its reputation and rainfall year round (on average) is lower than other cities in the particular part of the country this climate is in. Springtime is likely to see both snow and rain and has considerable seasonal lag. Winters are not particularly cold--average temperatures hover around 31 F (-0.4 C) for highs but snowfall is significant and reliable with an average of 95" (241 cm) annually. This climate is known for periodic heavy snowfalls where several feet of snow fall within a short time span. Fall is the rainiest season.
Hmmm I was gonna say Sapporo but that's surprisingly Dfa, and its too snowy and gloomy to fit your description. Idk maybe Buffalo, NY?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post
Hmmm I was gonna say Sapporo but that's surprisingly Dfa, and its too snowy and gloomy to fit your description. Idk maybe Buffalo, NY?
Awww that was my guess lol. Buffalo yeah. That snowfall seems exactly right for the city and the rest of the climate sounds spot on I think.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:50 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,900,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolik View Post
Yep, it's Buffalo. Of course Sapporo is an interesting climate too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather