Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:53 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,866 times

Advertisements

I am seriously troubled by some of these comments. It is often 40 or 45 degrees out when one begins their work or school day, which is definitely coat weather. Assuming you get out of class 2 hours later it could be 60 degrees. How could one even know know???...Please dont hate people that wear coats in 60 degree weather, we are often just too lazy to carry the stupid thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I think those people are like me! I'm a So-Cal native. We're lucky if we see temps in the 40s and below more than a couple of times a year, unless it's the mountains or high desert. My apartment was in the low 60s this morning; I turned the heat on (for the first time this winter), because I was freezing! Call me a "weather wimp" or whatever; there's nothing wrong with being comfortable, and everyone's inner thermostat is different!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 PM

659 posts, read 899,081 times
Sometimes I see people in a winter coat, and sometimes a scarf/gloves, when it's 50 or 60 out. My first thought is "what an idiot". My next thought is whatever random thought occurs. In other words, I'm slightly annoyed by it but I don't let it ruin my day.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 PM

659 posts, read 899,081 times
Usually I don't wear a jacket/coat unless it's less than about 40 degrees. Then I wear a light jacket. Under 25/30 I wear the winter coat and under 20/15 I add a scarf and gloves. I won't complain about being cold until temperatures (not counting the wind chill) are in the single digits.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 AM

7,305 posts, read 28,225,957 times
I laugh.

In the summer, I often see a certain vagabond walking downtown in a heavy and dirty coat, even in mid summer. I remember one day it was 97°, the sun was blazing and he had this stinky soiled coat on. He had to be roasting.

That coat is so nasty, I would not run it over with my car tires. Im not being mean, but it boggles my mind. He may have some sort of mental disability or something that makes him cling to the coat like that.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
I laugh.

In the summer, I often see a certain vagabond walking downtown in a heavy and dirty coat, even in mid summer. I remember one day it was 97°, the sun was blazing and he had this stinky soiled coat on. He had to be roasting.

That coat is so nasty, I would not run it over with my car tires. Im not being mean, but it boggles my mind. He may have some sort of mental disability or something that makes him cling to the coat like that.
It must be his security blanket.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:39 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
I can deal with child molesters, panhandlers, druggies, and public urination. I'm not FOND of these things, but I can at least discuss them. Likewise with carjackers, suicide bombers, skateboarders, and those who don't use their turn signals.

But when I see a person in a coat and it's "60-something degrees" outside? I don't know...somehow I just 'lose it'. An anger sweeps over me...my knees get weak, my forehead perspires, and I have to just walk away before I say something I'll regret.

There's just something about those people that 'sets me off'. Can't help it, I guess.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,122 times
Who here would feel very hot and uncomfortable wearing a heavy coat like this when it's only 60 something degrees outside ? I know I definitely would.
http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Info/2...inter_Coat.jpg

Old 12-18-2008, 08:18 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
I remember going to Isle of the Palms, SC in late September, being out on the beach in my swimsuit, locals were looking at me like I was crazy. They were dressed in jeans and sweatshirts!

It was in the high 60s and wonderful to me coming from the midwest, I thought it was a heat wave! Same with swimming in the Atlantic near Daytona, people saying its too cold, they want to be on the west coast. If I want warm water, I'll take a bath!

Old 12-22-2008, 01:57 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
I cannot imagine anyone wearing a coat in 60 degree weather. That's the good stuff, the temperatures that are not too hot, yet not even a bit cold. Just balmy, with maybe a nice chill in the air in the evening. Delicious.

I live in southern NJ, and God bless the day the hot humid summer weather was over! Autumn was great, I would wear t-shirts and capris in 45-50 degree weather. I might wear a cardigan over top if it got under 40 degrees. Now today is cold, to me. It was I believe 18 degrees around noon, maybe less considering the wind chill. Today I will break out my winter coat for the first time this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather