Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 06:39 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,917,665 times

Advertisements

I've always been a very progressive and motivated person in terms of my education. However, in the last few weeks it has been very hard.

I've been in school for 14 years and i'm sick of it. A2 is a substantial jump from AS, I mean seriously its rediculous. I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown. Its so hard.

Like Geography, I used to be good at it and now i'm like. Wtf. I don't even know what i'm doing. I'm averaging a high C and I haven't a clue how I got that. Today was the last straw. Tried to do business hw and didn't have a clue. Question asked me to do this essay on thing i've never done before. Just gave up.

I'm really worried. Education has always been important to me, but i'm terrified of failing after all this effort. I'm ready to jump off a cliff. I can't do it. My teachers give me this work that we've never done and expect me to do it. If I can't answer a question how the **** am I going to do an exam?

We teens are under immense pressure. My dad is so unsympathetic coming from a tightarse grumpy generation. He thinks everything is ****ing easy when he hasn't got a clue.

I'm this close to telling him to get to ****

Old 01-02-2014, 07:55 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,917,665 times
Fed up waiting on the green card lottery results to be released. Sick and tired of living in NI and British isles.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,456,481 times
Car didn't start the first two times I tried this morning. :/ I guess it's because of the cold plus the fact that the engine hasn't reached operating temperatures since 12/20. Have to take it for service anyway soon so I'll be sure to mention it.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:14 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,475,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I also felt really, really weird when I woke up. A really unpleasant feeling. I've felt like this before but it's hard to put into words. It's like I had a really bad thought that just wouldn't go away, and it almost felt like I was scared, but I don't even remember what it was, if it was anything at all.
I've had that before too. Hypnopompia is a *****

Old 01-02-2014, 09:39 AM

768 posts, read 655,536 times
Quote:

I also felt really, really weird when I woke up. A really unpleasant feeling. I've felt like this before but it's hard to put into words. It's like I had a really bad thought that just wouldn't go away, and it almost felt like I was scared, but I don't even remember what it was, if it was anything at all.

A trip to the doctors might be necessary at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
I've had that before too. Hypnopompia is a *****

I have this thing all my life, 1 time for 1-2 years on average. Strange feeling, but not pleasant at all and it's normal I think.

Last edited by Jesien; 01-02-2014 at 09:49 AM..

Old 01-02-2014, 11:25 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,636,725 times
At least I'm not alone.

I also get Exploding Head Syndrome and Sleep Paralysis. Neither are a problem really - the latter was scary when I first experienced it, but it's so common now I usually ignore it and fell back asleep.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:28 AM

486 posts, read 561,916 times
I bought a bottle of Stella Artois Cidre - it's pear cider which looks quite nice..

But it's disgusting to drink - far too sweet and sickly.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:45 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,865,139 times
Quote:
At least I'm not alone.

I also get Exploding Head Syndrome and Sleep Paralysis. Neither are a problem really - the latter was scary when I first experienced it, but it's so common now I usually ignore it and fell back asleep.
Uhm, right. Are you on some kind of medication, like anti-depressants? You seem to have all parasomnic disorders, and that is not a good thing. Healthy persons shouldn't have any of those issues without heavy alcohol or drug abuse.

I strongly suggest you should see a doctor. If not anything else, just in case.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:51 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,403,642 times
I have sleep paralysis too its very scary.

I had a dream about someone I knew turned out to be an alien, then I woke up and I couldn't move I thought a figure was standing near my bed like a shape of a very tall alien like creature.

I had a read of the wikipedia article and it said scientists believe this is where people get these notions of being abducted by aliens.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:53 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,636,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Uhm, right. Are you on some kind of medication, like anti-depressants? You seem to have all parasomnic disorders, and that is not a good thing. Healthy persons shouldn't have any of those issues without heavy alcohol or drug abuse.

I strongly suggest you should see a doctor. If not anything else, just in case.
I don't have all of them, just a few. I've had things like sleep paralysis since my early days in high school and I've never really given it a second thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather