Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 01:57 PM

9 posts, read 20,349 times

Advertisements

Don't even mention Los Angeles in this thread please. It doesn't get hot there. If you think it does, then you haven't been to Lake Havasu in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,214,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf333 View Post
Don't even mention Los Angeles in this thread please. It doesn't get hot there. If you think it does, then you haven't been to Lake Havasu in the summer.
I see your point, but doesn’t Lake Havasu get to be like 115+ most years?either way, I think that Los Angeles is significantly more humid during the summer than Lake Havasu is, especially during the monsoon season, the only plus there is to dry heat is that a dry heat dries things up much more quickly than a humid heat would, and that’s about the Only advantage a dry heat has over a humid heat IMHO.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:10 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I prefer a Humid heat over a dry heat because with a dry heat you don’t know how much water you are losing at least in a humid heat you sweat buckets and you know better to keep hydrated, also, if the air is super dry it can lead to cracked bleeding skin and nose bleeds, neither one of those happen when it is humid outside, so I would say that the very least that dry heat is way overrated.

I feel exactly the contrary

Old 08-06-2018, 05:08 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,456,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf333 View Post

What are you talking about?

The fact that it gets even hotter than LA in some obscure, extreme climate (like Lake Havasu) doesn't imply that LA doesn't get hot as well.

Also, the post you were probably referring to was talking about Louisiana, not Los Angeles. Also a hot place.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:12 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
I would rather have humid heat pete.

Old 06-13-2021, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 410 times
Okay this topic makes more sense to me when people are open to both because I personally think humidity is better. When it is hot and dry I think of that like a dessert right and I get headaches and get dehydrated faster and feel like I’m on fire. In humid heat I feel relatively more comfortable and less like I’m being dehydrated yes it’s hot but I feel less like I’m on fire and I don’t seem to get those headaches like in dry heat. Humid heat is more like the rainforest. Nothing grows in the dessert! Basically I see both sides to preferences and dessert and rainforest are extreme examples but I think we can agree you’d rather live in the rainforest than dessert. Basically just that everyone I’ve talked to think it’s a fact that dry heat is better baffles me. I know it’s not a fact humid heat is better and it comes down to scenarios and preference but for people to think so naively that dry heat is factually better baffles me. I’m like what are you talking about haha they clearly didn’t think it through if they think it’s a fact.

Old 06-13-2021, 06:12 PM

735 posts, read 654,631 times
I’m not as sensitive to humidity as some, but I’d still take a dry 90 degrees over a humid 90 degrees based on my recent trip to Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather