Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM

258 posts, read 451,268 times

Advertisements

Five years ago? Never.
Nowadays? Most definitely. The notion that black is strictly a funeral dress color has changed IMO. I had heard of the trend originating in New York where it was acceptable years back and where a lot of the brides were choosing black for their bridal party. Then a couple years ago, started seeing it everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:46 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yep. At least you're not wearing white
I got married in 1983, in my mother's backyard. It was a simple offbeat hippie style picnic wedding, with waterballoon fights and sack races and everyone had a blast. And I made all four cakes. They were regular homemade cakes, so I had to make four of them to feed fifty people.

Recently, I pulled out my wedding album to show to someone who didn't believe anyone would have water balloon fights at their wedding -- and the woman was aghast and HORRIFIED!!!!! at my sister.

Who wore white to my wedding.

I wore a poly silk ivory street length dress for the wedding to make my mother happy and then changed into jeans and a polo for the picnic. My sister's white dress was a sun dress. NO ONE thought she was the bride.

Now -- the woman actually got a little ticked at ME, because I wasn't upset about my sister wearing white at my wedding. Apparently I'm supposed to hold a grudge, even though *I* didn't wear white at my wedding.

I didn't care what my sister wore, I only cared she was there.

And certainly -- twenty eight years later, I'm REALLY not going to care. I mean -- I have the same husband and 9 wedding bands. And no -- I haven't lost any of them -- I keep finding new ones I love and he buys them for me. So I'm hardly sentimental.

So -- while I know it's wrong for other people to wear white to a wedding.... I know I wouldn't care if I got married again and EVERYONE showed up in white. Hey -- that might be kind of fun!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:04 PM

5 posts, read 5,196 times
i like to wear black at wedding although people say black is not good colour to wear in wedding their are sum superstitions behind this but i am not believing in this kind of superstitions so i am going to wear black in my own wedding because i like the black colour a man in black &black look smart and handsome

Old 09-15-2011, 04:19 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,364,137 times
interesting becuse men have always worn BLACK tux and suits to weddings... I wear what looks nice and what is seasonal. I think i would go more with something colorful than black

Old 09-17-2011, 12:23 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,696,258 times
i did

Old 09-17-2011, 07:10 PM

885 posts, read 1,524,574 times
Default Depends on the person & style

I think Victoria's attire for the royal wedding would have been appropriate in black. She has the panache, the outfit is demure and impeccable, and the wedding was grand.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 PM

11 posts, read 15,601 times
Yes!! Black is OK to wear to wedding!! In fact I wore black at my 3rd wedding!! I looked FABULOUS!!

Old 09-18-2011, 08:09 PM

27,385 posts, read 27,429,648 times
Yep. Black is the only colour I wear, well, almost 99% of my wardrobe is black and I dont do light colours. Unless its part of a uniform for work and there cant be any other options.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:21 PM

941 posts, read 1,806,728 times
Thumbs up Night weddings.. yes, black is back

Wearing black is gorgeous dahling!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,258,934 times
Depend about weddings. And generally a place where this party is... I went some birthdays which were kept on the "gods room" and ther was 2 guys wearing black and preast and many guests said to them to not to wear black anywhere else than funerals.

If you know it does not offend anyone, go for it. If it break rules, find something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings