Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 AM

7 posts, read 28,085 times

Advertisements

My mother is looking to purchase a condo in Century Village WPB. I was wondering how much would the electric bill run her a month. Also what are the property taxes? I am trying to figure out a rough monthly total inclusive of maintenance, utilities and taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:58 AM

32 posts, read 181,929 times
Electric could run anywhere from $50-$100 depending on her habits. Because of the way most condos are built you will HAVE to run the air conditioner most of the year.

I have a small condo I rent out most of the year. Electric bill runs from $30 to over $100 depending on the month. This of course is with families running in and out. Your mother should be able to keep it lower.

If she can get homestead exemption on the condo property taxes will be very low maybe even $0. They just increased the amount of exemption.

No idea on the maintenance fees there, sorry.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,832 times
check taxes on any address in palm beach county at Palm Beach County Government

Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM

10 posts, read 35,391 times
She might want to rent there first. Plenty of short & long term rentals. Also, plenty of resells. Check craigslist.com. I plan to rent first.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,071 times
I would NEVER buy in Florida or anywhere without renting first !!!!! Not only that, with the cost of HOA, insurance and assessments sometimes your better off renting. Trust me -- been there, done that !!! RENT FIRST !!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,938 times
Another one for RENT FIRST! Take into account those condos (or most of them) are pretty old.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 6,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentoria View Post
My mother is looking to purchase a condo in Century Village WPB. I was wondering how much would the electric bill run her a month. Also what are the property taxes? I am trying to figure out a rough monthly total inclusive of maintenance, utilities and taxes.
Hi: I just pd 2009 taxes which were 612.00/elec runs about $25 but could be higher depending on air conditioning usage. Fees are 184.75/month to Seacrest and 99.00 /month to WPRF. I have a one, one and a half bath, totally renovated. Only unit that has washer and dryer in unit because I brought in all the proper wiring and plumbing. If interested in buying please email me at [EMAIL="kathzo@yahoo.com"]kathzo@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] Oh, I forgot to say cable is included in the 184.75 (which is a great deal)

Old 11-19-2016, 10:57 AM

5 posts, read 23,016 times
Does Central Village WPB have restrictions on motorcycles? Tnx

Old 11-19-2016, 02:46 PM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K00CH View Post
Does Central Village WPB have restrictions on motorcycles? Tnx
yes motorcycles, pets, visitors, kids, pool hours......you name it they have a rule for it!

Old 11-20-2016, 05:41 AM

530 posts, read 667,368 times
Why don't you call Century Village and speak to the person in the real estate office? We were looking at the Century in Boca Raton and I spoke to a lovely woman in their office who was able to tell us specific prices and why some of the buildings were better than others. I specifically remember that the roof materials on some of the buildings were better than those of the other buildings so that directly played into the prices. While we were very impressed with their gorgeous clubhouse, we also considered the (in our opinion) high HOA which for us (2 bedroom unit) would have been in the mid 5s. The fees cover not only the clubhouse but the very nice bus service they run to the surrounding shopping areas. All of these things are very attractive if you need them but if you do not, you are paying for them anyway. We decided that at this point, we would rather not have the extra expense of something we were not going to use so we did not purchase there. In addition, the age group seemed quite advanced and this further convinced us to purchase elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach