Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 8,796 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to purchase internet service from Comcast as a resident in Century Village, WPB., Fla.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 03:46 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrainey View Post
Is it possible to purchase internet service from Comcast as a resident in Century Village, WPB., Fla.?
If you currently have Comcast as your Cable provider you should be able to order the service from them. I have the service in my home.

In addition to the service you will also need a Cable Modem, you can rent one from Comcast or buy your own. If you are able to install a cable box, you should be able to install the modem. If this is something that you can not or do not want to do, set up an appointment to have their technitian to do it, otherwise you can go to the Comcast office, order the service, pick up the modem and take it home and install it.

If you have an active cable connection in the room where the computer is, you attach the cable to the wall outlet than into the Cable Modem. If you also have a television attached to that outlet you will have to split the signal. The splitter will have an in port for the cable from the wall, than two out ports, one for your television cable box, one for your cable modem. You will also have another cord that looks like a telephone cord, that will go from your Cable Modem to your computer.

If you have a laptop, equipped with wireless, and DO NOT WANT to plug the cable directly into it, or if you have mulitple computers; also purchase a WIRELESS ROUTER. You will plug the cord that looks like a telephone cord into the Wireless Router. The signal will than be sent through the air to your computer or computers. Just be sure to have a Security System on your computer so others can not tap into your system.

If you set this up, you will still need to call Comcast and have them activate the Cable Modem, regardless of where you obtained the Cable Modem, from them or as a purchase from some place like Best Buy.

If you wish to go completely Wireless, also purchase a printer that has wireless capabilities. You could be sitting in your living room with your lap top, and your printer could be in another room of your house, you hit print and the printer will get the print signal wirelessly. This is the system I have, my husband and I can use the same printer, from different parts of the house.

If this all seems too confusing or overwhelming, I apologize. Make you life easy, order the service, than go to Best Buy, buy your cable modem, wireless router an wireless printer and hire a member of Geek Squad to do the install. They will install it and configure everything for you.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:58 PM

6 posts, read 28,222 times
It should be no problem at all...call comcast or Bell South and they will send you the modem.........at a cost.....

Old 12-10-2010, 10:21 AM

4 posts, read 34,233 times
Default Can anyone tell me?

Can anyone tell me how or where to find financing to purchase in Century Village (WPB)?

I have made over 50 calls and have not found one place that will finance a condo purchase there.

I have found a condo that I really want to purchase there but after many MANY calls I can not find even one place that will finance there.

Every place I have called said either they won't finance under a minimum of $50,000 (or more) or won't finance because (I was told) they found out the HOA holds 1st lien - or do not finance because they question why they are so cheap and assume they are cheaper there because they are condos with issues - or won't finance because they find south Florida condos'a too risky - or because its a recreational community - etc.

I have called so many places that I have run out of where to call at this point. I've called banks-credit unions-private lenders-alternate credit places-Lending Tree - The Money Store - Credit One - TD Bank - HSBC - Wachovia - Chase - 5th Third - Space Coast Credit Union - Florida Federal Credit Union - etc.

Anyone know where I can get financing to purchase there?
Or know of anyone that would like to privately finance?

Thank you

(Please no mean or rude remarks - I have already gotten one of those on another site that was very hurtful & so uncalled-for)

Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Sorry, I just don't know. My secretary lives in CV so I asked her, and she doesn't know of any either.

Private financing may be an option. A private personal (unsecured) loan may be as well. The payments will be higher, but it will get paid off over a much shorter period of time. Since 2br units can be found for under 20k, it may be a way to go.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,894,994 times
Private financing is probably the only way you are going to be able to buy the condo you want. Check out the people you will be working with and it could work out fine for you. Be aware that many condo HOAs are in big financial trouble due to high numbers of foreclosures and owners not paying there HOA fees. Owners are often left living in half empty communities and being slapped with hefty assessments to keep everything in the complex in working order. This issues are some of the reasons why you can't get financing. If it was me, I would rent.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM

5 posts, read 24,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrainey View Post
they have an acct with them so u get cable automatically my father lives there

Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM

5 posts, read 24,784 times
they have an acct with them so you automatically get service with them it's included wether you own or rent

Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,239 times
I am looking for a condo in century village WPB. I would like to find a 2 bedroom distressed or handy man unit. I do not mind the work to bring it up to code. I am looking to pay CASH BUT ONLY WANT TO GO UP AS FAR AS $14,OOO If you have anything please Email me at [email]mycynn@charter.net[/email]

Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 6,065 times
I am moving into CV on April 1, 2011, which is also my birthday. I am 57 and looking forward to living in WPB again. I am widowed and will be looking to make friends with people who like to do some of the things I enjoy doing also. I love to play Pinochle, fish, dance, read and watch movies. I will be moving into the Norwich part of CV, and hope to hear from some of my fellow neighbors as to how much they like CV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach