Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 06:57 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times

Advertisements

Oh, and here’s the new-ish upscale ( and somewhat controversial) mall in Jupiter.

https://harboursideplace.com/

Controversial because some residents didn’t want the height and density I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 PM

106 posts, read 136,882 times
Thanks for all this great info, a lot of stuff I didn't know about the area! I will have to explore with my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Good suggestion. Would be my choice. Where else can you find neighbors with kangaroos, African tortoises , llamas, etc.

Storm found safe and returns home:

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-p...-jupiter-farms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_Farms,_Florida

Don’t let the “ west of the turnpike” location discourage you. In that area the turnpike and 95 are close to each other, and it’s a pretty straight shot to the beach areas.
It is a cool place. And Jupiter has a dog beach if you happen to have a pup or two.

We go hiking up there often and I kick myself for not buying there because I would’ve hated the drive to work. I can walk to the beach from my house but can’t wait to relocate to a western neighborhood. Would have been worth it.

You may find that Riverbend Park and Cypress Creek and Loxahatchee Slough natural areas become more enjoyable than the beach. I wish I hadn’t waited so long to discover those places. So much emphasis on Florida’s beaches that people miss out on the charms of”old” natural Florida inland.

Great place for kids. It’s also equestrian-friendly so you will see horses around.

Parks & Recreation - Riverbend

Environmental Resources Management Natural Areas

https://www.floridastateparks.org/pa...son-state-park

https://friendsofjupiterbeach.org/driving-1/

Friends of MacArthur Beach State Park, Inc. | The Only State Park in Palm Beach County

The Burt Reynolds Ranch property is now a gated community with homes from 900k up. That’s in Jupiter Farms, but it’s definetly in its own separate area. It wouldn’t affect you, but it’s good for property values.

https://www.khov.com/find-new-homes/...reynolds-ranch

There’s only one area in the Farms that would concern me but it may not bother you.

The very northwest part of the Farms butts up against Jones Hungryland WMA (not the same as Hungryland natural area) and seasonal hunting is allowed there. That only affects a tiny area of the residences but just wanted to give you a heads up. That section if Jones is one of my favorite places on non hunting days.

John C. and Mariana Jones/Hungryland Wildlife and Environmental Area

Other areas if the Farms back up to a park or Cypress Creek or Loxahatchee Slough natural areas. Those are county preserves where no hunting is allowed.

Last edited by Yac; 11-19-2018 at 02:49 AM..

Old 11-18-2018, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,011 times
We moved to Palm Beach Country Estates in Palm Beach Gardens two years ago and it was the best thing we've ever done! Two acres, city water, privacy, ride bikes or walk to Riverbend Park, 5 minutes from I95! We love our little slice of paradise! I'd definitely encourage you to look there - or in Jupiter Farms as mentioned previously.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:12 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Oh, and here’s the new-ish upscale ( and somewhat controversial) mall in Jupiter.

https://harboursideplace.com/

Controversial because some residents didn’t want the height and density I believe.
And it was built with Chinese investor money that granted them "greencards" as investors. But I think that is coming full circle as the developer is being sued for mismanaging their "investments!"
https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...ide-place.html

Parking blows, all the stores are expensive yet nothing special and the restaurants are for tourists.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:42 AM

106 posts, read 136,882 times
Tommy Bahamas isn't too bad but agreed, it is touristy. We used to like Tiger Woods' "The Woods" but after a few poor meals haven't been back. The parking is horrible with the indoor lot being one of the tightest I have ever driven in. Little moir/food shack across the way is pretty good if you like fresh fish with different crusts like sweet potato.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:38 AM

Interesting about the mall and the restaurants. We’ve been once to eat at Christopher’s.

I forgot about the Country Estates. Another great area I wish I had found years ago.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 11-19-2018 at 11:19 AM..

Old 11-19-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joysj1 View Post
We moved to Palm Beach Country Estates in Palm Beach Gardens two years ago and it was the best thing we've ever done! Two acres, city water, privacy, ride bikes or walk to Riverbend Park, 5 minutes from I95! We love our little slice of paradise! I'd definitely encourage you to look there - or in Jupiter Farms as mentioned previously.
Yes that is a great place too. I love biking around Karen Marcus Sandhill Crane, Riverbend, or Cypress Creek with friends in the area.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 11-19-2018 at 10:54 AM..

Old 12-12-2018, 04:34 PM

4 posts, read 3,962 times
I Moved from NJ 8 1/2 years ago and we love it. I am actually selling my home in Boynton Beach, in the Canyons. If you are interested you can call me. Joya 973-632-1866

Old 12-17-2018, 10:35 PM

603 posts, read 442,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Palm Beach is always the crown jewel of the county
I don’t think it actually is ...at least for the moment.

Just so many people who have been long time Island seasonal residents are leaving or renting their houses out for the season now because of the Trump traffic horror circus show that it’s ridiculous. You literally can hardly get anywhere if your South of town between the bridges it’s unbelievable. We are seriously considering jumping over to Naples or South to Manalapan or Gulfstream or even up to Hobe Sound. It’s become unbearable.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:12 AM

29 posts, read 38,695 times
Thanks all for your input. Loxahatchee seems to tick many of the boxes. How is that area? Schools, distance to culture/beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach