Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:01 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,991,295 times

Advertisements

I emailed all of my reps about it... The only one that wrote me back and thanked me for my input was Denise Cambell.

Clark Barnes and Bill Hartman didn't even respond back. I've got a lot of free time on my hands I think I may challenge one of these bozos next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 PM

532 posts, read 1,091,347 times
Go for it!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I emailed all of my reps about it... The only one that wrote me back and thanked me for my input was Denise Cambell.

Clark Barnes and Bill Hartman didn't even respond back. I've got a lot of free time on my hands I think I may challenge one of these bozos next time.
Go for it ok but you need to reveal your real name to get our vote

Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
while Manchin polished his skills as a backwards bible thumpin, gun slingin, coal minin redneck he pretends to be.

Yep, there goes another person labelling someone that does not agree with homosexual marriage. And you don't want the rest of us discriminating against you. Start by NOT labelling everyone that does not agree with your lifestyle.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
while Manchin polished his skills as a backwards bible thumpin, gun slingin, coal minin redneck he pretends to be.

Yep, there goes another person labelling someone that does not agree with homosexual marriage. And you don't want the rest of us discriminating against you. Start by NOT labelling everyone that does not agree with your lifestyle.
How do you know what his sexual lifestyle is??? Manchin is all he said and more. But just like the KKK Leader people voted in for decades ... people like Manchin & Byrd make me sick!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:16 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,991,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post

No, I stand by what I said. Gay people and supporters get labeled all the time from those who do not agree (are homophobic or ignorant) with gay rights.

Manchin is a career politician, he panders to everyone. He will tell one person one thing and then tell the next person the exact opposite. He has no backbone and refuses to really take a stand on anything. That's why he "accidentally" missed the vote for the repeal of "Dont Ask Dont Tell" and the "Dream Act." He had a holiday party to attend. However, if he went and voted against it his buddies who helped get him elected into the Dem party would have withdrew their support.

As she stated, you don't know my lifestyle, don't assume to know me

Also... it's "labeling"

Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 AM

423 posts, read 1,237,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
No, I stand by what I said. Gay people and supporters get labeled all the time from those who do not agree (are homophobic or ignorant) with gay rights.
But didn't you just label "those who do not agree with gay rights" as "homophobic or ignorant"?

Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billscamaros View Post
But didn't you just label "those who do not agree with gay rights" as "homophobic or ignorant"?
What would you call them?

Old 03-29-2013, 01:01 PM

423 posts, read 1,237,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupMcToots View Post
What would you call them?
Ahhh .... got it. So, they HAVE to be labeled. If you and I disagree, you have to label me and I have to label you? It can't be that we simply disagree without trying to disparage each other?

Personally, I would respect that their views are different than mine, respect that their life experiences are different than mine and move on from there. If I have to resort to "labeling" someone, then I'd say that my opinions aren't very well thought out.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billscamaros View Post
Ahhh .... got it. So, they HAVE to be labeled. If you and I disagree, you have to label me and I have to label you? It can't be that we simply disagree without trying to disparage each other?

Personally, I would respect that their views are different than mine, respect that their life experiences are different than mine and move on from there. If I have to resort to "labeling" someone, then I'd say that my opinions aren't very well thought out.
Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia